Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Friend wants me

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Theres a girl I know that used to go out with my best mate and then got rid of him for another guy. Recently shes split with the other guy and has taken a sudden interest in me. Im with 2 minds atm with what to do. I know she wants sex, but my fear is that she'll want me to go with her and then i'll be classed as the sad git who took thirds?? some help appreciated

o22o

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You don't say if you're interested or not, which is surely the only basis you have on which to make a decision?
    I dont know if im interested in a relationship is what I've already said and am looking for some help on that matter

o22o
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    o22o wrote: »
    then i'll be classed as the sad git who took thirds?? some help appreciated

o22o

Hey there,
    It sounds like you have a fair bit of uncertainty about this girl - but first and foremost - take the above right out of your mind. If you like her, you get on really well and you feel happy when you're with her, then what everyone else thinks in terms of who she has gone out with in the past will become irrelevant.

Perhaps a good thing to think about is whether or not that really is the issue or if there are other things you're unsure about.

Finally, perhaps you don't need to see it as 'being in a relationship' at first, but more just getting to know each other better and hanging out. The more time you spend with her, the closer you will come to making a decision. If you do have an initial interest then you could let her know that you'd like to see her, but you just want to take things really slowly. As long as you're honest about this then if things don't work out then you can walk away with a clear conscience.

Good luck and have fun :)
    just do what you want
    who gives a crap what people think of you
    if you like her and she likes you then go for it

Just do what you want thats all i'm gonna say
    I know she wants sex, but my fear is that she'll want me to go with her and then i'll be classed as the sad git who took thirds??

If that's the only thing holding you back, then that's the most pathetic reason I've ever heard. If that's just an excuse not to, then you have to figure out if there's a real reason.
    Theres a girl I know that used to go out with my best mate and then got rid of him for another guy. Recently shes split with the other guy and has taken a sudden interest in me. Im with 2 minds atm with what to do. I know she wants sex, but my fear is that she'll want me to go with her and then i'll be classed as the sad git who took thirds?? some help appreciated

o22o

It would be a sad thing, if a girl couldn't have more than 2 boyfriends in her live, because the 3rd partner would be the "sad git".

make up your mind... either you want to be with her, or you at least want to have sex with her. If not, tell her straight out.
    StrubbleS wrote: »
    It would be a sad thing, if a girl couldn't have more than 2 boyfriends in her live, because the 3rd partner would be the "sad git".

Quite so, unless the OP and the 2 ex's are mutual friends within a social group, in which case I can see exactly what he's saying.
    From the way youve worded it, she looks like shes looking for a quick fix.

Commonly referred to as a 'bike'.

Steer clear, she may have people up there...call her the mountain rescue...
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Lucasinio wrote: »
    From the way youve worded it, she looks like shes looking for a quick fix.

Commonly referred to as a 'bike'.

Steer clear, she may have people up there...call her the mountain rescue...

Do you have any idea how offensive that sounds?
    :lol::lol::lol: