Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Best & Worst Airlines

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Either generally or on a one off incidence what were the best and worst airlines you've flown on?

Best: Can't really remember - been flying RyanAir so much lately it's more like taking the bus. Will have to have a think.

Worse: Egypt Airline - They'd heavily overbooked the flight and loads of people couldn't get on including us and we'd turned up about 3 or 4 hours before the flight. There was even a groom on the way to his own wedding who couldn't get on. In the end was put on British Airways instead the next day.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Arab Emirates are one of the best I've seen recently.

I was helping with the Scouts with the departures from Gatwick after the World Jamboree this summer and they were absolutely fantastic, very friendly and helpful, very accomodating and really went out of their way to make everything as smooth as possible, which was quite impressive bearing in mind every group we took to them have at least 50 people, mainly teenagers who didn't speak English and had been on a campsite for a fortnight.....
  • Options
    i cant remember the name of the worst one!! i DO know that i was flying to kuala lumpur tho. meals were horrendous, had very little leg room, staff were rude... plus we had a stopover in abu dhabi and we were made to sit on the plane for about 4 hours waiting for more passengers to get on, and werent given any kind of refreshment /help or anything. ill look the airline up i think!!

best airline ive been on would have to be either virgin or arab emirates. both great :)
    virgin especially because i was in first class!! got upgraded at the check-in desk! wahey!! :thumb:
  • Options
    Best for me was Astraeus flying to Greece - free bucks fizz or orange juice on the flight out, and then a free newspaper on the way back. Loads more legroom than other charter flights I've been on, and really good veggie and vegan meals. And cheap!

Never had a really bad experience on any airline but never been particularly impressed by any of them either.
  • Options
    Best- Virgin Atlantic

Worst- Ryanair or BA
  • Options
    xsazx wrote: »
    excel airways have always been good

Only been with Excel two times, both times where shit, the first time late by 12 hours the second time the flight was cancel and had to fly the next day, and both times the planes we ended up on where shit,
  • Options
    Jet 2 are pretty good considering theyre budget.

Thompson and Ryanair were OK, nothing special.

EasyJet was awfull.
    No legroom once the chavs infront had put their chairs right back, staff rude and thick.
  • Options
    I really like Hapag-Lloyd or TUIfly as I believe they're now called. Never had a bad flight with them and they do Fly&Rail in Germany which has got to be the best arrangement (and bargain!) ever. I love them. Quite like Norwegian airlines, too. I don't know if Aer Lingus even exists anymore but I flew with them to Chicago about 5 years ago - best airline breakfast EVER :yum:

Worst - Wizzair. The HUMANITY.
  • Options
    BMI baby and Easyjet are the only two I've used recently and both have been pretty good. If if I did get delayed everytime on easyjet!
  • Options
    DG wrote: »

Worse: Egypt Airline - They'd heavily overbooked the flight and loads of people couldn't get on

I've heard this happens alot with Egypt Air, which is why I'm flying to Egypt with Air Italia via Rome and Milan. However I'll be flying internally from Luxor to Sharm El Sheikh with Egypt Air so I hope the fuckers don't do it then.

Best airline's I've been on have been Lufthansa or Air 2000.

Worst were Ryan Air and Easy Jet, as others have said...no leg room!! But then you get what you pay for I suppose.

I'll be flying to Thailand with Qatar Airlines and apparantly they're really good.
  • Options
    Ryanair and Easyjet are cramped and annoying - but so what? It's never for long...

British Airways, on the other hand, never ceases to annoy me. There's never enough legroom, the staff are whiney...

Although no matter what airline, you always get some bastard passengers around you. I always get the whiney git behind me who apparently has a knee problem and therefore I can't possibly put the chair back - and the irritating kid in front of me, who not only puts his chair horizontal, but insists on bouncing up and down. I'm not a short person, and frankly I object to a large chair thumping my knees every time I try and get some sleep. Last time it happened, I jammed myself between his chair and mine so that he couldn't do it anymore and his mum had a massive go at me. *sigh*
  • Options
    I've never crashed or not been able to get on a flight so I don't have a worst. I've also only ever flown coach so it's impossible to say I've got a best too.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    I've heard this happens alot with Egypt Air, which is why I'm flying to Egypt with Air Italia via Rome and Milan. However I'll be flying internally from Luxor to Sharm El Sheikh with Egypt Air so I hope the fuckers don't do it then..

My experience was flying with them to Kenya and was like 15 years ago at least maybe more but I still remember it - So if they still do the same thing today with all the computerisation of flight seating then that quite bad.
  • Options
    rachie004 wrote: »
    :eek2: :eek2:

Can't say I disagree, Excel have been ace for me two years in a row :)
  • Options
    Only ever flown with virgin atlantic and bmi baby. I quite liked bmi baby, the staff were fun and friendly, but it was only a 3 hour flight.
    Virgin are ok, staff always look miserable though.