Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

3D Beowulf

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I watched Beowulf at the 3D Imax in London on Thursday night. I had never been to a 3D film before and although there were aspects of the film that didn't really suit the technology (mainly because Beowulf wasn't filmed with 3D in mind), it was awesome.

Anyone else seen it? :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Is this about 3D or Beowulf or both? Because I've seen the film but not in 3D. Was alright, probably would've been better had I not sat through the entire film feeling confused and scared that this enormous muscly bloke aka Beowulf was supposedly Ray Winstone (!).

Only since discovered that he provided the movements or whatever and they digitally created the character. Was thinking he must have one helluva personal trainer/chef/plastic surgeon :lol:

3D naked Angelina Jolie is probably appealing to most, I'd say :D
  • Options
    I saw something in 3D at the Imax, it was a good format, very realistic.
  • Options
    briggi wrote: »
    Is this about 3D or Beowulf or both?

Both. :)

Yeah, apart from the face, Ray Winstone could only dream about a body like that ... :P
  • Options
    I think it was made with 3D in mind but wasn't made to only be in 3D

Some scenes in it seem to be only there to show off a bit of 3D action, etc - anyway saw it - didn't like the storyline but that was my first 3D movie so was good from that aspect
  • Options
    I haven't even watched a film in colour for a while, never mind 3D.
  • Options
    Yeeeeeeeeah! I saw it with my flatmates the other night, Beowulf would get it hard and raw.

Thought it was a decadent film, Ray Winestone's accent made me giggle a few times, mind you.
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    They showed a 3D trailer before the movie, and a flashlight got thrown toward the camera. It looked so convincing that I almost ducked!
  • Options
    They showed a 3D trailer before the movie, and a flashlight got thrown toward the camera. It looked so convincing that I almost ducked!

It was the usherette throwing her torch at the old man masturbating behind you :)
  • Options
    Indrid ColdIndrid Cold Posts: 16,688 Skive's The Limit
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    It was the usherette throwing her torch at the old man masturbating behind you :)
    :D Good one.