Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Rant about campus shop

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Just went in to pick a few things I'm short on, but its fricking useless!!

They have cat food (are we allowed pets on campus? NO) but no deodorant or shampoo or anything like that. Half the store is alcohol including a massive amount of wine, but sod-all else.

How is that helpful!!! Yes all students like alcohol, but some (nay, most!) like deodorant & shampoo & general cleanliness things. Oh but wait, they have cleaning stuff like to clean your room with - we're STUDENTS!!!

Surely more students use deodorant & shampoo than bleach & stuff!!!

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I don't like today

Comments

• Options
    that's a bit shit. leave a comment in your SU and they might change how they stock the shop. How far's your corner shop though?
  • Options
    The only other shop is off-campus. About 20 mins by bus, which is fine normally, but I'm hyper-busy at the mo & dont want to go into town just for one or two things.

I was away on an exchange year last year but I know the year before that the shop stocked this kinda stuff, which makes it even more annoying, but oh well.
  • Options
    Fuck yeah, internet shopping. Make the most of the Boots 3 for 2 offers on their website.
  • Options
    Our campus is pretty much in the city centre so everything is close by, not that it matters because our SU shop stores most things.
  • Options
    We weren't allowed to have cats back at halls. The strange thing is, however, there were cats around. On several occasions when I looked out the bedroom window, I saw this black cat just walking around. I get the feeling that I was on someone else's territory...