Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

lack of confidence!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Some people seem to think that i am full of confidence, but i'm really really not. Especially now, cos i'm quite down, but really want (and need) to get myself back up.

i couple of weeks ago, i over hear some guys at college talking about how i look and behave like a guy. OK, i have stopped wearing make up to college cos i'm normally too tired and can't be arsed in the mornings, and i do just seem to wear t-shirts and jeans, and yes i do sit with my legs open like i guy most of the time when i'm wearing trousers. But then when i do try, aparently i'm over doing it for college. so i guess i can see where theya re coming from and i'm starting to believe it...

i really really really want to get into burlesque, it's been a dream for several years, and i think i could do well, but i jsut feel too ugly to do it and i think why would any one want to see me semi naked? i don't want to so why should others?

help!

Comments

• Options
    ElenaElena Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi Trinity :wave:

Sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit low lately. It's really good that you've decided to do something about it and I hope we can help!

I know it's a bit of a cliche, but try to remember it's what you think that's important not what others say behind your back. What you wear and how you act is completely up to you. You should wear what makes you feel comfortable - it's totally your call!

Saying that, I know that's much easier said than done. We all feel insecure at times, and it's only natural to care about what other people think of us. It was wrong for these guys to be discussing you behind your back, and I can understand why you found it hurtful.

We have some really useful information on TheSite.org about self esteem and confidence that you might find useful. The BBC also have some great advice on their website you might want to check out.

As for the Burlesque idea, that's great! There's no reason why you couldn't get into something like this at all. I'd suggest you take it slowly - try a few smaller steps to get your confidence up a bit first. If you don't already, perhaps you could enrole in some acting or dance classes?

I hope that has helped.

Good luck!

S x
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    As for the people saying you look/act like a guy... So fucking what? Why does the opinion of people who want to judge you on the outside matter anyway?

There's nothing wrong with being a tomboy.