Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

am i crazy?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think its easy to feel like this about your first love. i didnt speak to mine for 4 years, then we started talking, ended up sleeping together and it brought back all the feelings for me, but not for him.
    then i met someone else so didnt talk to him for another 3 years, started talking again recently and at the time i thought i still loved him. but after a few days i realise that so much has changed that we would not work now.

its easy to get caught up in 'what ifs' and 'what could have beens' but i think in reality you know it wouldnt work because of what you have said about sex etc
    I'm still hung-up over my first love. She gets in contact with me every so often - usually because her latest boyfriend has dumped her, and somehow we end up getting back together again - for a while. It never lasts. The same things that went wrong the first time happen again, and it just makes me more miserable. What makes me even more miserable is knowing that if she picked up the phone tomorrow i'd probably go through the same thing all over again. I know it's idiotic and I hate myself for it, but I keep hoping that she's changed.
    phoenix24 wrote: »
    so should i go and see her or not?

talk to her about going to see her, i wouldnt just turn up.

but that said i dont think i would go at all. i think you need to just treasure the memories that you have but just leave the past in the past. trust me its even harder to get over the second time around