Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone here..

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ever worked for McDonalds?
What are they like as an employer? The reason I'm asking is that I'm looking for a job that'd fit in with school hours, and they seem to be my best bet (it's on the bus route and everything..). Just wondering if anyone's had any experience with them - I'm not sure if I should go for it or not!!

Comments

• Options
    Yeah I have. Worked in the restaurants and the HQ.

McDonald's is a good employer if you have the right attitude. If your just after a student job then they are fine. Easy to plan shift around other things and swapping shifts is easy.

If you go in with the wrong attitude though it can be hell. It takes time to settle in, but its well worth it, i have made some lifelong mates working there.
  • Options
    Go in there thinking you'll hate it and you will, go in there with an open mind and you'll have a great time.

Busy times can be hellish, but the people you work with will generally be awesome and that makes it all ok. The pay isn't TERRIBLE, and once you get the hang of things it's a piece of piss.
  • Options
    Never worked there personally but i know a few people who have and all have nothing but good things to say about the place.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    The actual work wasn't great but it was so flexible and because of the crew I worked with I loved it.
    Weekender Offender