Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

What do I need for 2 months in NZ?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hi all
I'm off to New Zealand at the end of this week (well, LA for a few days then Fiji for a couple of weeks, then New Zealand for about 6) and am panicking that I haven't thought of everything I'm going to need. Can you give me some suggestions of things I should be taking with me? I'll be in a camper van in New Zealand and we're staying in hostels mainly in LA and Fiji. Any ideas?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Well I'd say mosquito spray but it doesent really work on Fijian mosquitos!!

Ermmm.... It's extremly humid in Fiji so some light clothes.
    Ick, I hate mosquitoes :( Still, I'll put up with them I suppose. Cheers for the suggestion. Anyone got any others?
    Well I'm sure you'll be able to buy everything there. Take as little as possible, it's such a pain travelling around with lots of heavy bags.
    what she said ^^ the main things you need to worry about are your tickets money and passport.

Plus then I guess a capsule wardrobe:

a pair of jeans, a lighter pair of trousers, a sarong, a short skirt, plus a dress thats nice for the beach but which you could dress up with a pair of heels for the evening.

5 vest tops/t-shirt things - plus at least 1 long sleved tops to keep the sun off / keep you warm. Plus a smart top.

Then a cardigan, a light jumper and a heavy jumper or fleece because NZ is south plus you get cold on aeroplanes and LA could be cold.

7 days worth of underwear and a bikini.
    Warm Socks

Trainers/hiking boots
    flats/ flip flops
    1 pair of nice shoes.

You probably think i'm mad for emphasising bringning nice clothes but often when travelling i've randomly been caught out needing a smartish outfit for a random reason (like tea at the Mount Nelson hotel in cape town).

My friend who lives in NZ says the biscuits are crap so you might want to take along a few of those as well!
    An umbrella.