Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Road rage

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Ooh, we've all got to make sure that office workers who sit on their arses in front of computers all day have the roads free when they're trying to get home for dinner, have we? :p

its just common sense really, they've nothing better to be doing most of the time so why not stay out of the way till after 9:30 or so?
    koe_182 wrote: »
    ...they've nothing better to be doing most of the time so why not stay out of the way till after 9:30 or so?
    So we can also add school-run mums to the list of "Things That Koe Hates". :p
    Yes, bloody get the bus, there is generally no need to drive your children to school.
    katchika wrote: »
    Yes, bloody get the bus, there is generally no need to drive your children to school.

There is if there isn't a decent bus service - lots of people live out of catchment areas for schools now.
    That's why I said "generally".
    That's why I said "generally".
    Personally, I've never understood why all schools have to start at exactly the same time. Or indeed, why so many offices only open from 9am-5pm. If these hours were stagnated, the traffic would be more evenly spread out during the day, and you'd probably see less gridlock during the rush hour.
    So we can also add school-run mums to the list of "Things That Koe Hates". :p

100% they piss me off, 1 kid in each car all going the same way, absolutly shocking behaviour.

i have a car full on my way to work and on the way back, car pooling is beneficial, plus it pays for my petrol, 50p each way i charge. good deal for everyone.

i always walked or got the bus to school, in fact i had to get 2 buses to secondary school as it was in a different town (public buses, not school buses) so dont get me started on "catchment areas"
    Personally, I've never understood why all schools have to start at exactly the same time. Or indeed, why so many offices only open from 9am-5pm. If these hours were stagnated, the traffic would be more evenly spread out during the day, and you'd probably see less gridlock during the rush hour.

thats the most stupidist comment man. what you on about.

i work 8:30 - 5:15, how would i liase with customers and suit their requirements if i worked 11am - 7pm for example?

everything worldwide would have to change.

daftness.
    I agree, I just think there should be more special school bus services though. The 8 o clock bus I get sometimes in the morning is packed with kids going to a particular senior school, and it's a normal public one. Just behind us is the bus for the local catholic school - which they get free. I don't see why some kids should get a free bus and others don't.
    100% they piss me off, 1 kid in each car all going the same way, absolutly shocking behaviour. i have a car full on my way to work and on the way back, car pooling is beneficial, plus it pays for my petrol, 50p each way i charge. good deal for everyone.
    Your missus did warn me you were a stingy old bastard. :p But I agree with you.

how is that stingy?! its the truth.

catholic schools have free buses because they are more wealthy than most standard state schools.
    how is that stingy?! its the truth.

catholic schools have free buses because they are more wealthy than most standard state schools.
    Do you ever think about anything but money? :p
    not at the moment i dont, december is gonna be a tight month, got lots to pay out on presents and partying and a bunch of bills.

not easy being a breadwinner
    what do you call slow tho?

Anyone slower than me :D
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    I suffer quite bad from road rage. Have gotten out the car to confront somebody a couple of times. Not good.
    Weekender Offender 
    Oh yes. If I'm not in a hurry I'll usually go out of my way to get back at them. I've never gotten out of my car, but I'm shamefully quite psycho when I get in a car.
    I hate people that try to flash or wave you out of a junction when it's their right of way and if they'd only move you would have had plenty of time to pull out, but then all their flashing and arm waving has closed the gap you were going to use and they're getting so annoyed with you for not taking the 'gap' they created, and how dare you giggle while you wait for them to go and light up a fag?
    A couple of things irritate me on a regular basis. The first is the sheer number of people who don't know how to indicate on a roundabout. How hard is it? Not people who don't indicate, just the people who do it wrong every time. You know, the people who thing that to take the third exit, you just have to indicate right until you get to it.

The other one is those people who rush to get out in front of you at a junction, and then proceed to drive at half the speed you were currently doing. If you're in that much of a hurry to get out in front of me, then you should be in enough of a hurry to drive faster than my grandmother.

And white van men who park on corners meaning you can't see what's coming.

And a lot of people who simply don't have a clue on the motorway.

Don't really get road rage though. I get computer rage more. I hate computers.
    I...So many drivers have no idea how to look out for motorcycles, or try to cut me up really dangerously, or don't signal. A couple of times I've been really shaken up, do they not realise I could bloody die, they are all right inside their car with their air bags, seat belt, etc.

A motorcycle rider is 30 times more likely to die on the roads then a car driver

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motorcycle_safety

But I'm not sure what you mean by "So many drivers have no idea how to look out for motorcycles" - either they see you or they don't. The fact a motorbike is much smaller then a car means you're less likely to see it coming toward you.

Are you riding with your lights on all the time? I would suggest all motor bikes have their lights on even during the day - makes them stand out so much more. Also loads wear black leathers from head to toe so it don't help them stand out.

But also a lot of bike riders seem to think there's an extra lane just for them and it's their right to be able to brush passed you whilst your sat there waiting for the lights to change. Although a lot of bicycle riders are worse, loads seem to ride right through red lights like they don't apply to them.
    DG, what I mean is that a lot of drivers simply fail to look. When they change lanes, for example, they don't check their blind spot, or when pulling out onto a busy road, they don't double check to see if any motorcycles are coming. They're simply unaware.

EG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJs4AYa8sU&feature=related

Yes, my lights are on all the time. In fact, on my bike, they are permanently on and I couldn't turn them off if I wanted to.

It is motorcyclists right to go past car drivers at red lights, up to the front of the traffic. I do it if it is safe to do so, and there is enough space. It's one of the benefits of riding a bike in the first place, and if done correctly, the car drivers have nothing to complain about! It does make me laugh though, when go up to the front of the lights, and then some driver (9 times out of 10 a man) gets really pissed off and decides to try and race me. Um, I'm not going to the front to have a race! And then they are surprised when I take off and am 50 metres down the road before they're even in first gear. :rolleyes:
    That Biker was dressed in Black from head to Toe ..

One of these jackets and he'd be easier to see

http://www.vander.co.uk/acatalog/en471_motorcycle_jacket_work.jpg

Effective commercial I've certainly taken extra care after seeing that commercial on TV There's not enough TV public information ads like that being shown on TV - it's amazing how dumb school kids are at crossing the road.

It bet they've never heard of the green cross code
    bell end.

end of chat
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    bell end.

end of chat
    Think that summed up SG perfectly.
    bell end.

end of chat
    I'm glad you said it before I did :D.
  • JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    Doofay wrote: »
    You must get pissed off when a lorry causes a huge tailback by spending ten minutes overtaking another lorry on a 2 lane motorway though :p

I dont even drive and that fucking pisses me off. Came back from Huddersfield to Leeds yesterday because the entire motorway was crawling uphill at 40mph because there was a lorry overtaking another lorry and then a coach trying to get past in the 3rd (AKA Fast! :p) lane.

An even more moronic example of overtaking is this why I thought was so unbelievable I had to take a photo of it:

twatcf2.jpg
    JsT wrote: »
    An even more moronic example of overtaking is this why I thought was so unbelievable I had to take a photo of it:

twatcf2.jpg

D'ya think he forgot what was on the back of his lorry?
    end of chat
    I apologise for that earlier comment, Koe. There's a lot of shit happening in life now, I was effectively taking it out on you when I shouldn't. Sorry about that.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster

woah woah woah! When on earth did I say that?
    DG, what I mean is that a lot of drivers simply fail to look. When they change lanes, for example, they don't check their blind spot, or when pulling out onto a busy road, they don't double check to see if any motorcycles are coming. They're simply unaware.

EG: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsJs4AYa8sU&feature=related

Yes, my lights are on all the time. In fact, on my bike, they are permanently on and I couldn't turn them off if I wanted to.

It is motorcyclists right to go past car drivers at red lights, up to the front of the traffic. I do it if it is safe to do so, and there is enough space. It's one of the benefits of riding a bike in the first place, and if done correctly, the car drivers have nothing to complain about! It does make me laugh though, when go up to the front of the lights, and then some driver (9 times out of 10 a man) gets really pissed off and decides to try and race me. Um, I'm not going to the front to have a race! And then they are surprised when I take off and am 50 metres down the road before they're even in first gear. :rolleyes:
    You know in that one if you pause it in the first iteration, there is actually *no* biker coming down the road? I've checked, double checked, and triple checked, and there's no bike.