Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Road rage

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    there are some things that really wind me up.

People in estate cars are usually twats and dont think they have to follow the same rules as everyone else (same for 4x4's)

people who cant go in the lane they are supposed to be and then cut in at the front of the queue.

tailgaters.

people who drive fast for no reason and then slam on at traffic lights, and end up getting in the same place at the same time as everyone else. waste of petrol if you ask me.

people who cant do a start on a hill without rolling back 10mtrs.

there are loads more, then usually get a bit of shouting and swearing from me, but i wouldnt class it as road rage, i dont want to kill them or attack them, well maybe slightly.

i usually just think well i guess its not affecting me so not to get bothered, and it usually passes.
    Well i'm still a learner. What annoys me in people speeding madly on 30mph roads/generally driving like a idiot then getting impatient with me when I'm sticking to the rules - not that I could go any faster even if I wanted to! I had a van beeping and swearing at me once when I stalled at traffic lights (and who doesn't every now and then even after you pass?), despite having 'learner' plastered all over the car. My instructor stuck his finger up at him, we drove off and he had to wait again :p
    Im quite bad, usually just with swearing though not like wanting to run folk off the road :p

90% of my driving is on the motorway and it annoys me how many folk dont actually know how to drive on a motorway.
    I find mine has got worse now I have a 40 minute commute, on really busy roads. So many drivers have no idea how to look out for motorcycles, or try to cut me up really dangerously, or don't signal. A couple of times I've been really shaken up, do they not realise I could bloody die, they are all right inside their car with their air bags, seat belt, etc.
    I know what you mean Katy, im a pretty laidback person and hardly ever get angry but its scary sometimes how wound up i can get in seconds in the car! Its gotta be something pretty big but theres so many dicks around on the road.

the other day i got really pissed off at this big group of scallies just casually walking across the road (on a big main road at a busy time) making everyone stop for them, i was like URGHHH move out of the way! i felt like running one over to teach them a lesson hahaha then i got a bit worried at how pissed off I was.

I'm quite prone to sticking two fingers up at people who drive right behind me as well, i'm probably gonna get beat up one day. lol.
    I lose my temper quite easily with people, but then I do that with everything not just driving.

My latest irritation was a bloke last night, doing 30mph down a 60mph road... fair enough if he didn't know the road, but I do, so whenever I found somewhere safe enough to overtake he shifted over and blocked both sides of the road so I couldn't get past!

Argh he annoyed me.
    Glittery wrote: »
    90% of my driving is on the motorway and it annoys me how many folk dont actually know how to drive on a motorway.

LOOL how can you not know how to drive on a motorway
    kangoo wrote: »

it does involve different techniques and rules, the amount of people that refer to the 3rd lane as "the fast lane" is astonishing.
    I get bad road rage too, shouting, putting up fingers, beeping, flashing (lights not tits)

I get VERY angry at:

People who don't indicate coming off a busy roundabout which stops me from going

People who drive slowly in the overtaking lane when they are clearly overtaking NO-ONE (clue's in the name idiots) either forcing me to undertake, or drive slowly behind them going mental

When you're overtaking and some cock behind wants to continue their speed of 110mph so instead of waiting they drive so far up your ass you can see the pimples on their face. Assholes

People who pull out into the fast lane going up a long steep hill at 55mph for NO REASON and slow you down. Once slowed down my little KA cannot gain speed again so I'm forced to drive to the top at 40mph. Great :yeees:

To save time and effort I will conclude my list by including EVERYBODY ELSE ON THE ROAD EXCEPT ME as I am Amazing Driver 2007 and can do no wrong :angel:
    koe_182 wrote: »
    it does involve different techniques and rules, the amount of people that refer to the 3rd lane as "the fast lane" is astonishing.

I call it the fast lane :blush: It usually is!

I'm rarely in it though

(Mind I call the right hand lane of a dual carriageway the fast lane too)
    kangoo wrote: »
    People not using on ramps in the way you're meant to ie to build up speed and end up joining a motorway at 30mph.

People driving along in the middle lane instead of moving to the left.

People not using their mirrors.

Dont get me started, I'll be here all day ;)
    Haha oh right, I don't mind motorways so much there's usually enough space to get round assholes before they annoy me

I mostly use the M4 from Cardiff to Carmarthen though which is usually quite quiet, especially after Swansea
    im bad for road rage and im constantly swearing/gettin wound up over stupid people

it drives me mad when people drive unneccesarily slow.. or when they dont indicate at lights until they get right up to them so you get stuck behind .. people who cant use roundabouts properly .. CYCLISTS - im gonna run one over one day.. most old drivers .. i could go on and on im easily wound up! have no problem beepin the horn multiple times or shoutin abuse at someone for being stupid
    I can just about endure most things on the road. The only thing that absolutely does my head in is tailgating. People who insist on driving bumper to bumper. If you're going around 60mph, for fuck's sake, keep your distance!

I wonder who's going to be the first to say that what gives them road rage is women drivers... :p
    There are only three things that turn me into the incredible hulk: dealing with temperamental computers, trying to contact banks, and driving.

95% of people on the road are complete twats and it is an utter mystery to me how the hell they passed their test.

I go to work on the M1, and without exaggeration someone nearly kills me almost every day :grump:
    Ballerina wrote:
    (and who doesn't every now and then even after you pass?)

I haven't stalled once in the 2 years since I've passed - no word of a lie! I did get loads of practice before my test though.

Given I drive a van for work I get the god complex which many work drivers get :p

My van has no rear view mirror due to the great big box on the back of it, and the window level is higher up than the height of most cars - so has blind spots either side. This is why it annoys me when absolute morons undertake - or even those that decide just to sit in my blind spot rather than move behind me / into the right hand lane / wait.

As Koe says, people who call the third lane on the motorway 'the fast lane' need to have a read up on motorway lane selection rules.

People who tailgate - I like to play the random braking game - by downgearing and engine braking so no brake lights come on. More often than not they get the shock of their life and keep a decent distance afterward.

People who drive with their fog lights on all year round should have their licences revoked. As should those mongs who drive down sections of unlit motorway with their fog lights on - you might not realise it in dream land, but you're dazzling everyone driving on the opposite side of the motorway, everyone in front of you etc. If you need your fog lights on to drive down unlit motorway, you aren't a competent driver.

And there should be a national TV campaign teaching the 40% of dickheads on our roads what this sign actually means:

440px-Natspeedlimit.jpg

Tip: If you don't know what it is, I probably hate you.
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    I wonder who's going to be the first to say that what gives them road rage is women drivers... :p

One of them hit the back of my van on the M60 the other day! haha, no damage at all to my van, her bumper was rather ruined :p She said 'I don't know how it happened!' haha.

Crashing into the back of people and reversing into posts is what women do best. Major collisions with serious injury/loss of life is what men do best. I'm sure someone posted the statistic on here once that women have more accidents, but men's accidents tend to be more serious.
    "One of them"

you mean a woman?

In my experience on the road, shit drivers are pretty equally split between men and women.
    katchika wrote: »
    In my experience on the road, shit drivers are pretty equally split between men and women.
    Depends entirely on how you define a shit driver. Women are certainly better at spotting speed cameras than the blokes, if my mum's anything to go by. The number she spotted when we were going to Manchester = the number of tickets that my dad avoided getting in the first place. :p
    I define a shit driver as one who creates dangerous situations, and/or is aggressive.
    "One of them"

you mean a woman?

Yes, 'one of them'.

I don't tend to keep mental statistics discriminating on gender of my experiences on the road, but I do know I've never heard of a man reversing into a post, whereas my mum has done this a couple of times, my sister has both reversed into a bollard and parallel parked into a lorry, another friend reversed into a car.... I could go on :p

:yes:

I've noticed a difference between them, though. Bad men drivers tend to speed, cut you up, tailgate and generally drive like cocks. Bad women drivers tend to be paying more attention to their make-up, phone conversation, snacks or pretty much anything than to the road.
    :banghead: People who drive slow in the outside lane. Ahhh!
    what do you call slow tho?

if they are overtaking and going 60mph they are not really doing much wrong as long as they move back across once finished.
    what about people who take up two lanes :mad: usually old people too
    what do you call slow tho?

if they are overtaking and going 60mph they are not really doing much wrong as long as they move back across once finished.
    You must get pissed off when a lorry causes a huge tailback by spending ten minutes overtaking another lorry on a 2 lane motorway though :p
    old people should be banned that is true, they always seem to be on the roads at rush hour too, when they are clearly retired. pain in the arse.

same as getting in the way in supermarkets on saturdays or at lunch times.

tut tut, gotta love em tho!
    Doofay wrote: »
    You must get pissed off when a lorry causes a huge tailback by spending ten minutes overtaking another lorry on a 2 lane motorway though :p

yeah that is annoying, but its what you touched on earlier, workers in vans/lorry have the god complex, and they probably dont care that they are annoying everyone! :thumb:
    old people should be banned that is true, they always seem to be on the roads at rush hour too...
    Ooh, we've all got to make sure that office workers who sit on their arses in front of computers all day have the roads free when they're trying to get home for dinner, have we? :p
    stargalaxy wrote: »
    Ooh, we've all got to make sure that office workers who sit on their arses in front of computers all day have the roads free when they're trying to get home for dinner, have we? :p

yes