Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Constant Bloat

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi there

Does anyone else have constant bloating? Im really bad at certain times of the month anyway but lately, Ive had it for about 4 weeks!! Its so uncomfotable!

Does anyone else have this and how do you get rid of it? Ive tried aquaban and herbal teas bt nothing seems to work!

xx

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Funnily enough, it was only yesterday when I considered starting to cut the bloat. In my case, I think it's bread that is doing it to me, so I started a thread to seek advice about substituting for bread.
  • C FunkC Funk Deactivated Posts: 163 Helping Hand
    Hi miss behaving,

Sorry to hear about this. There are a number of causes to bloating, so you will probably want to go and speak to your GP who may refer you on to a gastroenterologist if necessary.

Bloating is very common and is often caused by eating rich foods that take a long time to digest properly. Constant bloating can be caused by a number of treatable conditions such as coeliac disease and irritable bowel syndrome.

You might want to check out some of the questions and answers on the net doctor website to get an idea of what it might be. It’s probably best to go and get it checked out by a doctor and hopefully they’ll be able to make a diagnosis and get it sorted.

Hope this helps :thumb:
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I stopped eating bread, eat and diary and found that my bloating stopped! I used to get it really bad, I have IBS too so that didn't help.
    Drinking peppermint tea can help ease the bloating and camomile and ginger can too.