Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Mass Effect

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got it? I just finished it today and wanted to express how awesome this game is!
Made by Bioware, it follows a similar pattern to Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2, which were my favourite games of all time, but with SO many improvements. All those little things that bugged you in KOTOR, well they've been sorted out in Mass Effect. It also looks absolutely stunning and uses a much better real-time, tactical squad based combat system than KOTOR.
Bioware have gone into so much detail in creating a galaxy with many different alien species, each with their own cultures and history, it's just awesome. They also take character interaction to a new level, you even get to fuck an alien at one point in the game. lol
Anyway, this is by far the best game on the Xbox 360 at the moment, matched only by Oblivion in my opinion.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    Anyone got it? I just finished it today and wanted to express how awesome this game is!
    Made by Bioware, it follows a similar pattern to Star Wars KOTOR 1 and 2, which were my favourite games of all time, but with SO many improvements. All those little things that bugged you in KOTOR, well they've been sorted out in Mass Effect. It also looks absolutely stunning and uses a much better real-time, tactical squad based combat system than KOTOR.
    Bioware have gone into so much detail in creating a galaxy with many different alien species, each with their own cultures and history, it's just awesome. They also take character interaction to a new level, you even get to fuck an alien at one point in the game. lol
    Anyway, this is by far the best game on the Xbox 360 at the moment, matched only by Oblivion in my opinion.

played 5mins of the intro, then panicked and thought it was too engaging and cant really give that much time to it at the moment (mainly due to COD4) but its sat on my shelf, gonna give it another go shortly.

im worried im not gonna like it tho.
    Yes it is very engaging. It's one of those games where you really have to take your time playing it so you can explore everywhere, talk to all the characters and even read your codex about different species and cultures so that you can really enjoy and understand the game, aswell as appreciating all the effort that Bioware have put into it.
    There's lots of side quests and upgrading to spend time on aswell.
    I'm pretty confident you'll like it, if you liked KOTOR then you'll love this. There's much more detail and as I said, the combat system is so much better, it's more in the style of Ghost Recon.
    Is this coming for the PC?
    I did exactly the same as Koe lol
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    Is this coming for the PC?

It's only out on Xbox 360 at the moment, but Microsoft helped to make it so it wouldn't suprise me if it'll be coming out for PC soon.