Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

erm work and relationships

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
:banghead: ive change all the names so no one is mentioned
hi im new to this and need some help and advice
ive recently started workin on the checkouts in a local supermarket it has been my first job since comming out of hospital after suffering from anorexia and depression i was really looking forward to workin in tesco as it was something which i had been in the shop and just wanted to do i loved it and loved the people especially the attention from the boys on the checkouts as ive never had a boyfriend and hated myself as i have very low self esteem any way i went to a halloween party a couple of weeks ago which was organised by some of the girls sue and mary on checkouts i went and ended up drinkin cocktails and and being sick anyway mary and moe who also works in tesco came and helped me all night and i built a good realtionship with them on the that weekend i ended up going to spoons and i found out that sue and marys friend joesph really like me any way i sat there with him and wasnt sure i wanted to please sue and mary anyway joesph friend helped me home bart me and bart ended up kissing bart worked in my local supermarket anyway nothin happened and things in work were awkward i didnt speak or make eye contact and bart left work ( not because of me he was already leaving)
anyway i went out with joesph because i wanted to stay friends with sue and mary although i didnt like him any way i was unable to go out with as i was working anyway . when he left i found out that i stoped bart and joesph friendship after 10 year this made me feel guilty as i just didnt like joesph any way. on the weekend things got worse it was the christmas do with a free bar everyone was there includin one of the boys tom who i relly liked and i had trusted with telling everythink about my anorexia and depression any way hes a bit of a p[layboy and at the end of thenight both me and him had sex in the middle of a corridor and we got caught twice anyway i knew and i know nothing is going to happen with him and i understood that anyway when he went back to his room him sue and mary where there i went near the room door as i was going in and they were callin me pyscho and tom was laffin i was upset and just wanted to leave my job as whatever sue and mary think on the checkouts goes
im scared of ppl finding out iam fine know but im scared about what is going on i still have to work with these people and i dont kno how to be i no that sue and mary are upset that i had sex with tom and not joseph but im so scared
please can you help as i nearly commited sucide after it as i feel so trapped and cant talk about it at home as my mum and dads relationship is in tatters i feeli have no onexxxx

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    :eek: ok, I got confused so might not have got all the facts straight but anyway...

don't go out with people just to keep other people happy. its a waste of time.

forget about tom, sue & mary & anyone else who laughs at you because they're not friends & you're wasting your time trying to keep them happy.
    blondegirl wrote: »
    sue and mary are upset that i had sex with tom and not joseph
    thats none of their business. YOU choose who YOU want to go out with and who YOU sleep with.

um... oh yeah and don't commit suicide. you're gonna be ok. things will get better. they always do.

sorry to hear about all that you've been through. hugs x
  • Options
    ElenaElena Deactivated Posts: 50 Boards Initiate
    Hi Blondegirl :wave:

Firstly, well done for overcoming the anorexia and depression and finding a job you love - these are massive achievements and you should be really proud of yourself :thumb:

That said, it certainly sound like you're having a bit of a rough time of it at the moment. I'm sorry to hear that and I hope we can help.

I think Pringle has given some great advice. Although it's good to do things for other people and it's lovely that you want to make your friends happy, relationships are about the people in those relationships and nobody else. If you get involved with someone, it should be for your own reasons and nobody elses.

I'm sure they meant well, but I think it was unfair for your friends to put pressure on you to go out with Joseph so don't be too hard on yourself. You were doing what you thought was best at the time, and that's what counts. As for Joseph's friendship with Bart, if their friendship is strong enough, they'll work things out. If not, they wouldn't have fallen out about something else - it's not your fault.

As you don't really feel like you have anybody to talk to about this, you might find it helpful to speak to someone confidentially at an organisation such as Samaritans on 08457 909090 or Support Line on 020 8554 9004. Both are really good organisations who'll be able to offer a listening ear and an avenue for you to get things off your chest.

Alternatively, you could ask a question through our question and answer service askTheSite to get some advice from our experts, or have a scout through questions other people have asked about relationships in our askTheSite archived Q&A section.

I really hope things get better for you soon.

Take care of yourself.

S x