Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Tranfereing, help me pleeease!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Right, I'm in my 2nd year at Bangor uni and after lots of thought have decided to defer this year and go somewhere else next September.

I've found a few uni's I like the look of and the nice lady at Bangor says to just email the heads of school to ask about starting next year, and starting at year 2 (is this called direcr entry?) but I don't know how to begin the email. Any ideas on how I should start?

Ta
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would say a quick intro about yourself - who you are, where you're studying and what course. Then tell them the reasons you want to defer and what at their uni you'd like to defer into. Then i'd say write about what you like the look of in that course in particular and why you think you're suitable - so include what modules etc you've previously taken and how they relate to the course you want to defer on to. As long as you want to defer onto a pretty similar course and there's space, i wouldnt have thought there would be too much of a problem.

I did the same thing and found it easy enough.