Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Lancaster Uni

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Anyone here at Lancaster Uni or going this year? I'm starting there on the 29th. If you've any inside info, tips, advice etc that'd be great. Good luck to everyone who's starting uni soon!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Zero II:
    Anyone here at Lancaster Uni or going this year? I'm starting there on the 29th. If you've any inside info, tips, advice etc that'd be great. Good luck to everyone who's starting uni soon!

My gf is going to Lancaster, dunno what its like tho

Hi, I am at lancaster, and happy to answer any ?'s you have. But firstly let me say
    "don't worry"

because you're going 2 be just fine!
    Let me know what kind of things u r interested in and maybe I can help u out!
    What is lancaster like coz it's on my list of possibles.

Originally posted by mentalmind:
    Hi, I am at lancaster, and happy to answer any ?'s you have. But firstly let me say
    "don't worry"

because you're going 2 be just fine!
    Let me know what kind of things u r interested in and maybe I can help u out!

Sorry man, i missed your reply until now! What's the city like for going out? I know the sugarhouse has an alternative night and there's one in morecambe i think. Anywhere else? And good pubs for students in the area? One more thing - how feasible is it to get doen to manchester for the occasional gig?

Hey, Sorry 4 taking so long to reply, I am back in lancadter now and have only just got onto the computers.

The alternative scene in Lancaster is sadly lacking. The sugarhouse is ok as a venue for bands but not great. This term I know shed seven and starsailor are playing there but that's about it for big names. Every thursday there is "popscene" at the sugarhouse which is basically a cheesy type indie nite which is quite popular and not a bad night out as it has comedy or live music before the tunes come on. There are a couple of alternative type pubs, "the bobbin" which is quite handily by the supermarket. And I think "the alex" does a rock night. On the plus side I know the alternative and rock music societies are quite active with trips to gigs and club nites in manchester, liverpool etc.

To save me typing all this stuff in I'd be quite happy to meet up with you in freshers week and answer any Q's you still have but don't know who ask.

My e-mail is mentalmind@yahoo.com

obviously I'll understand if you're too busy or not comfortable with doing that... freshers week is a pretty busy time. But the offer stands...

btw, which college are you in?

I'm sure you'll have much fun here! hehe!
    A bloke I've been seeing for a couple of months has just gone off to Lancaster Uni and he loves it!

After only a week he was a typical student type, living of fast food, spending all his reddies on BEER and quite possibly getting laid left right and centre!

AWESOME! Might pack in the job and become a student myself!!!