Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Can I Get My Phone Repaired?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
On Wednesday, I was in London and was listening to the MP3 player on my phone and started hearing a cracking noise. Also heard it again yesterday. I went into the O2 shop yesterday (as it's an O2 phone) and asked them about it. I got told that they don't actually repair it, but it gets sent off somewhere. They asked me if I had the reciept and I said no. I then asked if I can still get it repaired even though it was bought off eBay nrand new and got told again only if I had the receipt.

What happens if I or the seller doesn't have the receipt?

Comments

• Options
    What sort of headphones does it use?

If it's normal ones then it's worth trying a different pair of headphones as often the problems lies with the headphones rather than the source.
  • Options
    It's O2's own make of earphones.
  • Options
    Hmmm, last time I had a run in with an o2 phone I sent it off to an o2 address and it got sorted out there, they sent one back to me in the post.

But if my call to them earlier today is anything to go by their customer service is getting much worse.
  • Options
    Melian wrote: »
    On Wednesday, I was in London and was listening to the MP3 player on my phone and started hearing a cracking noise. Also heard it again yesterday. I went into the O2 shop yesterday (as it's an O2 phone) and asked them about it. I got told that they don't actually repair it, but it gets sent off somewhere. They asked me if I had the reciept and I said no. I then asked if I can still get it repaired even though it was bought off eBay nrand new and got told again only if I had the receipt.

What happens if I or the seller doesn't have the receipt?

If you haven't got the receipt they should still send it away for you, as it is the manufacturer they send it to, and it is the manufacturer who reimburses the company. (I worked for O2 for 2 years so i know how it works....or worked).

Failing that get in touch with the mnaufacturer direct.
  • Options
    I emailed them last night and they told me to ring the number on my phone bill. :confused:

It does seem like it is the headphones - I put the MP3 player on last night without the headphones and it worked fine.
  • Options
    Know anyone else with the same headphones so you could try it?

Headphones are actually quite fragile things, and if any of the insides get damaged then you often start to hear a crackle.

If it is the headphones there's not a lot that can be done other than replace them.
  • Options
    If you got it from an o2 store then it's the o2 store you need to deal with regards the repair - phoning up or e-mailing will get you absolutely nowhere.

To be honest, you're as well just getting a new set of headphones.