Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

feeling faint

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
So for kicks today one of my teachers (who's diabetic) offered to test my blood sugar. So she pricked my thumb with the thing and did it, but suddenly i felt really dizzy and my vision went blurry. I had to sit down and put my head down and people were saying my lips had gone white.
This happened before when i had the 6 needles in year 7 - i almost fainted afterwards. Should I be worried so is it just how I am? I can cut myself properly and feel fine! So why is this worse? When my blood came out it was really thin and watery too.

Comments

• Options
    Some people just really don't like needles, heading towards being needle phobic. For some they know they are terrified of them, for others, they think they're ok but their body thinks otherwise.

Sounds a bit like you fall into the latter category. If it only happens with needles, and you're not getting faint/dizzy the rest of the time then I wouldn't worry too much. Just worth remembering to mention it if you ever need injections/blood tests. Much better to start lying down than it is to fall over!
  • Options
    I've never really liked needles, but i'm not that scared. I feel a bit nervous and funny before I have them (which is rare anyway). Last time i had a blood test the actual needle was fine, but i felt really faint when i saw the blood in the tube afterwards. Maybe my body just doesn't like being pricked! I've also had it when i cut my finger on a can once. I just seemed strange to go all funny over the tiniest prick!