Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Guess what..? Another pill question!

BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
Right then,

I have a query...

A few months ago, I decided not to have a break, but a few days into my 'non-existant' break, I forgot to take 2 pills, and came on my period.

I decided to keep on taking the pills from the next day but my period lasted a MONTH!

Now, I am a twat, and I have forgotton to take 2 pills again when I have decided to have a break and have now come on.

I obviously dont want to be on for a month again, should I just stop taking the pill and use condoms until I start my real period and start taking it again, or should I stop taking it for a few days and then start as though I have had a break, or (not my favourite option) continue taking it and run the risk of a month long period!

Answers on a postcard...

Comments

• Options
    erm....hello?
  • Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I would choose the first option if it was me, stop, use condoms, then restart on your period again. That's not medical advice, just personal though. :)
  • Options
    Sorry, didn't think my input would be much use but if you're desperate for ideas.

What I did was stop taking the pill, and treat it like a break, so not take it for 7 days, and the start again as if restarting after the break.

Because I am uber careful/paranoid I would double up with condoms for the break and for 7 days afterwards.
  • Options
    thanks you lot!

I think I will just wait a few days and carry on taking it.

and Rach, it does make sense love ;)
  • Options
    do ya have a lot on ur mind or just forgetful (like me?)? I find setting the alarm on my phone helps me remember to take it

x
  • Options
    I'm useless at taking my pill even with the alarm set on my phone. It would go off everday and i'd think, oh i'll take it in a minute and never did. Thats why I had the implant (implenon) last week and am overjoyed by the fact i no longer have to think about it! Granted the local anesthetic hurt but other than that and a little light brusing it was fine. maybe this could be an option for you if you're as forgetful as me. plus i've had no problems so far with bleeding or anything which is brill! :)
  • Options
    Ali, I am like you love. I am so forgetful. If it isn't being dangled in front of me I will completely forget about it!

Lubilou, I really dont like the thought of the implant, knocks me a bit sick :p but I am glad that you have found something that is good for you! :D
  • Options
    doctors can give you a pill if you have a stupidly long period ie a month. it's not contraception, but it's something to stop your period.