Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Friend likes guy but thinks I like him

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bascially one of my good mates (Char) thinks that the boy she is getting with (Matt) likes me and I like him but it's really not true I am just mates with him !
She stayed round my ex's last week and I didn't say anything because I trust her and I know she wouldn't do that to me. But she then text another friend of ours saying that she thought Matt liked me and I liked him as we were always flirting. I don't flirt with him at all I just get on with him, he's not my type at all either!
She went away last weekend but I saw Matt quite a few times. I was still normal with him but then someone else asked if he liked me or I liked him.
I don't really know how to act around him now because I don't want to fall out with Char or Matt I just want to be mates with both.

What should I do and how should I act?

Comments

• **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey JT,
    Have you said anything to Matt about the situation? Perhaps it might break any tension. You could say something like: "Wow, people just don't get that we're just friends do they? Have they never seen a girl and a guy be friends before?" You could even say it in front of Char so she can see for herself that you're being honest when you say nothing is going on.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Thanks Helen yeah I might try that later cos no doubt I'll see them both at this party.
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sounds to me like folks are just looking for something to talk about. Helen's advice is probably the best. I'm willing to bet if you break the tension so everyone knows there's no huge secret and then just go about your business it'll blow over.