Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Xmas temp job at argos

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
anyone ever done it? or worked for argos full stop?? wot's the money like? do you get staff discount?? any other benefits??
the jobs only approx 20hrs a week, but i was reassured there'd be ALOT of overtime available in the run-up to christmas!
got a call today inviting my to a recruitment evening on thursday - what am i to expect there???
cheers guys
L+C

Comments

• Options
    Not a helpful post so be warned...

Argos + Christmas = :shocking:
  • Options
    I've worked at argos during the xmas period once, by time I finished my 3 month stint I was the most depressed I've ever been. Probs just me though, if your the sort of person who gets on well with everyone no matter where you go it should be good fun.
    I got staff discount which did help with buying xmas stuff and pay was just over min wage for my age (16 at time), but can't remember much else.
  • Options
    I just applied for xmas temping at argos and they never got back to me. Probably because I can't work many hours. Maybe it's good that they haven't then! You do get a discount though 10% it said on my form.
  • Options
    watch out for nested cages
  • Options
    Argos have just put a new careers base website up at https://secure.argoscareers.com/ . That's going to be the best place to apply for any job vacancies.
  • Options
    I'm going to close this thread as it's from 2007 :)
This discussion has been closed.