Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Debate

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hiya Im going to college in Ireland and i have to go to Dublin to do an debate about why Northern Rock should fail its next thursda week and i need 7 minutes worth of imformation.:crazyeyes :shocking:

If anyone can think of any good points i can use please post them up or I'll make a total balls of myself and i dont want to drop out or my college cant enter a another person as we got only short notice. so please any info please post it up to help me!!!!:blush: :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    lisalashe wrote: »
    Hiya Im going to college in Ireland and i have to go to Dublin to do an debate about why Northern Rock should fail its next thursda week and i need 7 minutes worth of imformation.:crazyeyes :shocking:

What is your actual title?
    Not very much information there, what's your title and what are you supposed to be arguing?
    The title for the debate is "This house would allow banks like Northern Rock to fail"

we're proposition the debate meaning we want them to fail.

was wondering could i add in like background on Northern Rock like when it was founded and that sort of stuff and any points you think that may be useful to me.
    Sounds like it's basically about whether the government or the Bank of England should be responsible for bailing out banks like Northern Rock when they get into trouble, and the repercussions on the economy etc

I don't know much about it myself, but try Alistair Darling's website or the Bank of England, or even just BBC News website - here's an article to get you going

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7039393.stm

Good luck!
    It dosn't matter i was able to drop out. Our Auditor was able to get another member of the committe to take my place!!!! :)