Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Possession with intent to supply

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i've been caught outside a club with 10 ectasy tablets. they wheren't mine and i didn't have any intent to take them. some one suggested i take them in because i had a jacket with a lot of pockets in.

rather stupid of me but i guess thats happened now so no point in thinking about what i should have done.

i've been charged with possesion with intent to supply and i'm out on bail. has any one been through this?? does any one know what sentance i could get?? i'm aware i could go to prison, but my solicitor said it will more likely be a warning.

any advice welcome. thanks.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well it all depends on the statement you give to the police

you should have said that they were yours for your own personal consumption, and not that they belonged to anyone else/were being carried for anyone else/were going to be handed to anyone else

so yea i guess it all depends on the statement you gave! i couldn't imagine you going to jail over it but its really hit and miss with drug charges it seems. some judges will be quite leniant whilst others will clobber you with the book nevermind throw it at ya!

good luck :thumb:
    A shining example of the risks involved, especially given it seems you were doing it for no money.

Never admit to carrying for someone else, never admit to passing anything to anyone else - never really admit to anything till you've spoken to you lawyer.

www.release.org.uk are the best people to phone, they can advise you.
    My mate got nicked with 200 pills about a year and a half ago and he still hasn't gone to prison and it doesn't look like he's going. I wouldn't worry about it too much, but don't expect it to be sorted out very quickly.
    Good luck. :thumb:
    10 yokes can easily be put down to personal use.

I know someone caught wait 90 odd yokes and some coke and he just got a suspended sentence.
    If you admitted you were taking them in for a friend then that is going to cause you problems, I hope you kept schtum and didn't say anything to the copper.

10 pills can easily be put down to personal use, I've seen much more treated as personal use, the police tend to go for possession with intent and then let the CPS and the defence solicitors argue the toss in Court. If you admitted under caution that they were for a friend then you may be best off admitting guilt, and at least getting the full 30% discount on the sentence. But get good legal advice before doing anything.

If you are convicted of possession with intent for that amount, and you're of previous good character, I think you would escape with a community sentence.

Get a solicitor as soon as possible.
    rass my solicitor told me to tell them i was carrying them for a friend when i told him my intent before the interview.

my bail is until january but i've been told just to return to the police station not go to court so i thought it was just a warning. does just returning to the police station instead of a court appearance mean i'm more likely to get a warning or will they ask me to appear in court as well??
    is it your 1st offense?
    10 pills could easily be put down to personal use but then it depends what you told the police. i wouldn't class your solicitors advice as the best tbh.
    If your bail is until January then they haven't made a decision on whether to prosecute you or not, and you'll find out in January. Not bailing you to court doesn't mean a thing.

It's possible they'll give you a caution, they'll be taking CPS advice on it, but I wouldn't be surprised to see you in front of the mags.