Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shit shit shit

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i cut myself really bad and i cant even bear to look at it. i was in a daze doing it and now i feel like a knob. i'm going to scar really badly for the rest of my life. its all down my leg and it keeps bleeding. fuck fuck fuck :crying: my boyfriend is going to be so angry i don't know what to do. i actually hate myself

Comments

• Options
    oh hunny (hugs)
    I dont know what to say. Lots of arnica and I hope it doesnt scar as bad as you fear.
  • Options
    I just tried to reply to this but it crashed thesite. I hope it's stopped bleeding and that you are ok xxx
  • Options
    Bio Oil is meant to help, I think. Also, make sure you look after the cut properly.
  • Options
    Hun, you need to talk about it to someone too - if you are not doing so already. Cutting yourself is not alright and its not normal. It doesnt mean you are bad or anything - just that you need to really find out why you are doing it.

Don't beat yourself up over this incident ... but use it as a wake-up call that you need help. *hugs*
  • Options
    I'm confused. Was it on purpose or an accident?
  • Options
    I went to a&e (again) to get it cleaned up and they stitched some of it. A letter is coming in the post about counselling too. They said that it will scar but there's nothing I can do about that now :( I feel mega shit :crying:
  • Options
    the scars will fade, bio oil is really good to rub into once its fully healed. good news about the counselling, chin up.
  • Options
    Hey there
    Hope you're feeling a bit better now? It can be such a hard pattern to get out of, so try not to beat yourself up too much. Just try and remember how you're feeling now next time you're tempted to cut - it might be the impetus you need to stop yourself.

Just thought I'd post you some resources that might help too:

Stop self harming

Minimising self harm damage

A list of other sites and organisations that might help.

Scars and treatments

Hope this helps x
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'll defo get some bio oil. Went to the nurse to get the dressing changed and it looks much better but its still a fair bit of a state. Checkin out those links now thanks
  • Options
    I did it because I felt shit about myself. I felt shit all that day to the point where I felt sick because I was so miserable. I stupidly went out and got drunk because a night out had already been planned but when I started to sober up I felt even worse. I was so angry with myself but I don't know why really. I always want to see myself bleed but I hate the scars. If I didn't scar I'd do it again and again

I don't even want to get better anymore. I feel like a fake when I try to be happy