Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Are you Against Interracial Dating?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Against dating outside your Race, say if you are White you do not date asian,black, etc...vice versa?

And if you are not attracted to that ethnic group or race what do you find unattractive about them? or is it becasue you would feel disowned by your friends and family?

Comments

• Options
    Are you doing some homework?
  • Options
    It doesnt bother me-everyones welcome!:flirt:
    Nah seriously, am selective about who I go out with, but the culture/race of a person wouldnt count for or against them in the selection process!:lol:
    why, do other people think differently?
  • Options
    Wouldn't someone who came along and said "I'm totally against it, it's just WRONG" be a racist and thus banned from the boards?
  • Options
    to answer the question I'm not against it you can't help who you fall for but I wouldn't want to marry someone who was strictly religious or a fascist or fanatic
  • Options
    If i was against inter-racial dating i'd be severely limiting my choice in people, especially since the vast majority of my friends and the people i am likely to meet are all white.
    I doubt i'd ever date a black woman thoguh, purely because they don't do anything for me, i can say objectively if they're attractive or nto but they're just not my type. Not that it'd be likely a black girl would ever go out with a chinese guy anyway.
  • Options
    i dont see a problem with it
  • Options
    Well I have a problem I over heard some girls parents get really mad tell her in the other room that she shouldn't bring me in the house because they thought I was Mexican... it is strange cause I am not even Mexican I am half Asian half white.

All I know is it sucks she started acting awkward at school even seeing some other guy and ignoring me, I can tell it hurts her but she doesn't know I know what her folks told her,just feels strange having someone dislike you for your skin color or culture.

just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation or known someone who experienced it...This is really one of the worst feelings to be honest I am not a criminal, I am a good person, and treat others with respect but yet for these people I am worse then scum because of my skin tone.
  • Options
    I'm quite fond of inter-species dating.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »

Yeah, monkeys are quite hot.
  • Options
    katchika wrote: »
    Yeah, monkeys are quite hot.

Hippo's can be surprisingly sensitive lovers.
  • Options
    budda wrote: »

Are you Welsh?
  • Options
    Snerd wrote: »
    Against dating outside your Race, say if you are White you do not date asian,black, etc...vice versa?

And if you are not attracted to that ethnic group or race what do you find unattractive about them? or is it becasue you would feel disowned by your friends and family?

Nah... I just like people...

I find a lot of Indian women very attractive, there isn't really a race that I'm not attracted to consciously.

I don't have an issue with dating outside my own race, although cultural values may clash with my own, which would be a bigger turn off.

I don't know how my family would react... My Mum wouldn't be bothered at all, I dunno what my stepdad thinks... My Dad I actually have no idea with. He's quite old fashioned in some ways, he still calls black people 'coloureds' and some of his attitudes come across as quite conservative, in a cowardly way. I think if I were to date a woman of any colour, it wouldn't be my Dad's business.
  • Options
    Some people are just racist about it, and some people assume that certain racial groups (e.g. the Mexicans in the US) are just poor scum and beneath their children.

I tend to find white people the most attractive, and don't tend to find people from other racial backgrounds as attractive. Why, I'm not sure, taste I suppose. I have no problem with people dating people from other racial backgrounds, and if my daughter was going out with someone from another race I'd be pleased for her.
  • Options
    My mum is with a black guy, something that's quite unheard of where I'm from as most of the population are white and you just don't see it very often. I have no problem, my grandparents however, do. They're very old and very old fashioned, they're still mad at her for getting divorced and don't want anything to do with this guy. Quite sad really because she's happier now and that's what matters but they don't see it that way.
  • Options
    Well I have a problem I over heard some girls parents get really mad tell her in the other room that she shouldn't bring me in the house because they thought I was Mexican... it is strange cause I am not even Mexican I am half Asian half white.

All I know is it sucks she started acting awkward at school even seeing some other guy and ignoring me, I can tell it hurts her but she doesn't know I know what her folks told her,just feels strange having someone dislike you for your skin color or culture.

just curious if anyone has been in a similar situation or known someone who experienced it...This is really one of the worst feelings to be honest I am not a criminal, I am a good person, and treat others with respect but yet for these people I am worse then scum because of my skin tone.
    People like that aren't worth it.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »

Difficult when it's your own parents though.
  • Options
    lea_uk wrote: »

yup the only thing that makes it hard moving on is we were so close! she would confide in me and we would go places together and be happy but she felt she was living a lie...and she never acted as if her parents cared! that was embarrassing for me I felt awkward when I heard her father yell at her I mean even if I loved her how could I be with her if her folks hated me? I understand her reason for moving on...it hurts cause I seen the guy she is with now and its like she is forcing her self to like him she has fun with him but I can tell there is no connection.

Sometimes I think she calls my phone at night just to hear my voice I will answer the phone and I can hear her breathing and then they hang up.

I guess its tougher for her then me, because my folks are not like that I should be happy I just feel bad for her that she has to date someone to please her folks and not be disowned instead of following her heart.
  • Options
    It wouldn't bother me. Might have issues if the person was a very strict religious person though. Not that there's anything wrong with people like that.
  • Options
    I couldn't care less. I'd go out with someone who was a different race, no problem. No matter what colour the girl's skin is, I take her interest as a compliment!
  • Options
    it hurts cause I seen the guy she is with now and its like she is forcing her self to like him she has fun with him but I can tell there is no connection.
    QUOTE]

I can't believe her parents who should want the best for her would do something that would make her so unhappy, especially in this day and age, its awful