Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

ahhhh!!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've been texting a girl I meet about 6 months ago at a car show. We got talking because we both have the same car's etc. She asked me for my number because she was intrested in a part i was selling. So she text me the next week and we have never stopped texting since. I'm talking about 20-40 texts a day. We rang each other a few times also and seemed to get on very well like there was no awkward silences etc.
Our texts remind me of previous relationships i was in where i was with the girl everyday etc. "Good nite hun", "Miss you", "XXX", "Love You" etc. Its weird how much a person can grow on you just through text messages and phone calls!
Anyway we decided we will meet up again this weekend!:shocking: :shocking: :shocking: :shocking: I'm not sure if i can go through with it because there has been such a build up to this moment! I'd be a nervous wreck!
Anyone ever have to do anything like this?? Any advice appreciated before i have no nails left!!!:D :D

Comments

• Options
    dohc wrote: »
    She asked me for my number because she was intrested in a part i was selling.

*sniggers* :D

Seriously though, its just nerves. You obviously get on with each other. Its just the initial meeting, once you start talking or have few drinks you will both be relaxed, and you will be wondering what you were worried about.

Just go for it. :thumb:
  • Options
    be brave it could be the start of a great relationship!
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies!! Pity we cant have few drinks to break the tension because were boath driving.:banghead: Hopefully it will be the start of something good. The distance bewteen us is far though.:crying:
  • Options
    get in there and stop being a spare part lol sorry im lame
  • Options
    As usual as every single relationship I have ever been involved in more hardship. She turned her phone of Friday. Tried ringing her i dont know how many times and just got her voice mail. Then today she text me and said she was afraid of getting hurt! I think that is just stupid.
    Why would she ask me to meet up and then be such a coward to turn her phone off and ignore me??
    why does she think i would her hurt her if I was trying to start a relationship???????

Im so hurt by her its unreal.

Sometimes I just really dont understand woman. :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no: :no:
  • Options
    I text my boyfriend for about a month at about 40 messages a day before we actually met up for the 1st time. I was a little nervous but as soon as you've got chatting all that goes away. We've now been together 3 years. Don't let nerves stop you from meeting her, you could be missing out on something potentially good.
  • Options
    squeal wrote: »
    I text my boyfriend for about a month at about 40 messages a day before we actually met up for the 1st time. I was a little nervous but as soon as you've got chatting all that goes away. We've now been together 3 years. Don't let nerves stop you from meeting her, you could be missing out on something potentially good.

Fair enough i had nerves but i was going to meet her face to face. Then she just turned her phone off for the whole weekend. Then sent me a text saying she "didnt want to get hurt"? Obviously im not trying to hurt her if i'm trying to meet her and start the relationship.
  • Options
    Explain to her that you have no intention of hurting her whatsoever and are a little scared yourself, you need to build up her confidence and trust in you. Make her realise that you sometimes have to take risks to find happiness. If she's still being a dick then it sounds like she's not interested and is trying to find a way to avoid meeting and taking things further with you.
  • Options
    Sorry to rain on the parade but think realistically here - maybe your nerves are betraying a sense of practicality?

If she lives really far away and you don't know her very well, then it'll be really difficult to launch into a relationship, especially when you've built up the suspense and made it into such a big issue.

If I were you, I'd either keep it to a fun texting relationship and nothing more, or I'd be sensible, tell her I was interested but didn't want to get hurt either ie 'let's take it slow,' and try again to meet up with her. If you meet up once with no expectations of where it might go, then you could end up friends, or it could turn into something more, or you might decide it's not worth bothering again.

But don't put too much pressure on something that isn't there yet, and don't set yourself up for a fall... I'd imagine that's exactly what she's thinking too.
  • Options
    Shes probably scared because she built it up too much, texting with with 'xxx' and calling you hun puts her in a position that she cant get out of and just be friends. Try meeting her as just friends and when you have got a friendship go from there
  • Options
    WOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Meet up with her at the weekend and we had such a great time it was unreal! First we meet half way bewteen where we live, went for dinner and then to the cinema. i had a really good time.!
    She rang me Sunday and invited me up to her house and i meet the parents etc (scary stuff!). We then went for dinner again and then just went for a big long drive!
    Absolutely over the moon!!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D