Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

would this annoy you??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
my bf normally spends xmas eve night & day with his dad. no problems with that whatsoever, he's done it ever since his mum and dad split up.

we had plans to see each other from the friday before xmas (21st is it?) til xmas eve morning, have our own little christmas day before he goes to his dads. anyway, yesterday his dads wife rings up to say they're having a family doo on the 23rd and he's expected to be there. by the sound of it it was made clear i wasn't invited :rolleyes:

i know this is probably a bit pathetic, but it's christmas, and they no he has other priorities. he's not a little kid anymore.

now if this was the other way round i would go mad if there was some family thing on and he wasn't allowed to go. infact, last year at my cousins christening, my mum go the impression (wrongly :rolleyes: :banghead: ) that my bf wasn't invited. i said i wasn't going and both my mum and dad said something.

i know this isn't that big a deal, but the more i think about it the more mad i get. i haven't said anything yet, i know it's not my bfs fault, but even his brother said yesterday that everyone else will have their partners with them. it's just seems rude to me.

:mad:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They can't expect him to be there if he doesn't want to go.

I see only two sensible options here, either he wants to be with you and won't go or he contacts them and asks them if you can't come with him. If they say no while the other partners still get to come and he still wants to go then first I'd get irked.

Talk to your boyfriend and sort it out.
    ask him to ask them can you come, as jaloux said! just tell him its upset you a little, im sure he'll be fine about it!
    i'm gonna say something later then. i just wanted other peoples opinons first, didn't want to look pathetic or fussy and make a big deal out of something little.
    Jaloux wrote: »
    They can't expect him to be there if he doesn't want to go.

I see only two sensible options here, either he wants to be with you and won't go or he contacts them and asks them if you can't come with him. If they say no while the other partners still get to come and he still wants to go then first I'd get irked.

Talk to your boyfriend and sort it out.

:yes: Theres nothing wrong with wanting to spend time together over christmas. Its special, and if hes already going to be spending xmas eve and day with his dad alone, then i think you should be able to go. He should ask them, in case hes got it wrong and you are invited after all.