Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Opening someone else's mail

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My mate has split up with her boyfriend. He has been tampering with her mail, and she's just got home from her new boyfriend's to find he's opened her mail. What's the deal?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    AFAIK it illegal to open post that is personally addressed to someone else. I dont know what you can do about it abpart from divert her mail to a friends house who she trusts who can keep safe and away from her ex.
    Yes, what he's doing is illegal, but then you've got to prove it.

Given that mail redirection costs pence, why is her post still going to her old address?
    Kermit wrote: »

Given that mail redirection costs pence, why is her post still going to her old address?

Not only that, but she has an obligation to tell certain organisations her address and she should update all her details as soon as possible with her bank, GP, the DVLA and any benefits agencies she may use (tax credits etc). This would most definately stop him opening her mail.
    It's not her old address, it's her current address- they have a mortgage together so even though they've split up, she can't go anywhere until, well, they sort that out.
    Ah I see. I thought she was living elsewhere.

Perhaps a swift knee in the groin would sort the situation? :chin:

Only kiddng...
    ew, don't think anyone would want to go anywhere near his groin to be fair, not even with a knee...