Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Billy Elliot

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hey everyone,

I'll be in London in a couple of weeks and I want to go see Billy Elliot the Musical. You can buy the tickets online, but the site says there's a also a 25 pound type of tickets available only on the box the day of the show. I think 25 is a good price, it's on the Victoria Palace Theatre. The thing is, I'm scared that once I get there, they will be sold out or something.

So, I've got two questions. Firstly, if this 'buy the day of the show only' system is really reliable (ie, I'll be able to get tickets), and secondly, if someone has seen the show or knows the theatre, are those seats any good at all? They are in the 'Dress Circle', probably the furthest back. There are other tickets for around 17 pounds which I assume are worse located... don't know really.

If anyone knows a bit about this I'll be grateful for any info - what seats are best or the best way to buy the tickets, or anything else.

Thanks!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I went with school to see Billy Elliot ohh urmmm 2 years ago or something which was obviously organised through school in one lump payment so I have no idea how much the tickets cost. I remember thinking wherever you were sat (and we were like right at the back) is viewable and sooooo worth it. The Show is amazing. Go, really do.
    Thanks, *Ashlee*.
    I haven't tried getting on the day tickets for Billy Elliot but I have for other shows. They are usually either the front row or the back row and so aren't great view seats but great if you want to get cheap tickets or at short notice.

From experience at other theatres, they usually only have a small number and there is always a queue for them, so if you are planning on getting day tickets, find out what time the box office opens and get there at least 30 mins before.

TKTS in Leicester Square is the other place for cheap, on the day tickets (usually half price) but I'm pretty sure that they don't sell Billy Elliot as it's still fairly new and popular.