Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Sin City Collectors Edition DVD...???

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Ok, so i bought this dvd from HMV and it clearly says both on the box and website it has all these extras. Including Director commentaries and all kinds of featurettes right? Except when i watch disc 1, it doesnt have anything, its just the standard Sin City dvd but in a new box with a 2nd bonus disc in with it. Now, what i want to know is, is this just my copy that is a dud and needs to go back (im taking it back no matter what because i want those extras) OR is this how it is suppose to be in the UK and everywhere advertsing it has just fucked up somehow by saying it has more then it does?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    if its this recut and extended version it should indeed have those features you mention.

see the review here, it mentions them.

http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=59762
  • Options
    Yes, all of those extras are listed and should be there according to both the box and the HMV website!
  • Options
    is there a special features option on the menu? if so whats in there?

maybe you have the wrong disk 1, from the old version
  • Options
    Well i checked it against the old disc1 from the orginal version tonight and they are identical. There is no special features option on the menu, just a behind the scenes 10 minute thing and thats it.
  • Options
    take it back then, its wrong!

was the plastic open? wondering if some sly dog bought it and swapped the disk or something, cos its very unlucky if you got the wrong disk from the factory.
  • Options
    It had plastic cover on it, but it was the metal case version, depending where you buy them i have seen them with the plastic and with out. But it goes back tomorrow!
  • Options
    Turned out there has been a mass recall... whole shipment od Sin City had the basic version in it instead of the collectors edition, so i got my money back.