Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Ill :(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I have a really sore throat and I'm speaking like a weirdo atm and I keep getting really hot then really cold. I hate being ill cos it means Im at home all day watching shitty TV or on the computer getting depressed :(

Why do I keep getting hot and cold and can I do anything about my throat?

I've got an interview on friday and I want my voice back for then !

Comments

• Options
    being ill sucks. but hope you get well soon.
  • Options
    I've got the same as you, and the mother of all snotty noses too. Rubbish.

The hot and cold thing probably just means you've got a bit of a temperature. Try taking paracetamol - that can help bring it down. Other than that, drink loads, and try those throat sweets that have a little bit of local anaesthetic in - they're ace.
  • Options
    kaffrin wrote: »
    I've got the same as you, and the mother of all snotty noses too. Rubbish.

The hot and cold thing probably just means you've got a bit of a temperature. Try taking paracetamol - that can help bring it down. Other than that, drink loads, and try those throat sweets that have a little bit of local anaesthetic in - they're ace.

:yes: But I'd rather be sat at home curled up on the sofa under a duvet than at work feeling like I do. Maybe I should work from home tomorrow. :chin:
  • Options
    I'm not sure how much it helps medically, but my housemate makes the best feel-better drink.
    Get hold of some of these tablets http://www.health-store.co.uk/acatalog/Potters_Echinacea_Effervescent_.html. Larger Tesco stores should sell them, or maybe Boots or a health food shop. Then, squeeze the juice of half a lemon into a cup, add boiling water to the top, then add a teaspoon of honey and one of the Echinacea tablets (it has to be the tablets above though as they are lemon flavoured and dissolve in the drink). It tastes amazing, really comforting and does soothe the symptoms of a cold. Hope you feel better soon.
  • Options
    Hey thankyou every body

I'm curled up on the sofa with my quilt watching a film and just had a strepsil.

Hope all you other ill people get well soon too
  • Options
    Aye tis going around. I'm all bunged up and in bed too. Woo!
  • Options
    Hot drinks, hot drinks and more hot drinks.....

Plenty of fruit and veg and sleep.
  • Options
    get well soon,

im feeling slightly better than yesterday and deciding whether or not to go to my therapy appointment at 2 :impissed:
  • Options
    Same here...hope you get better soon! I feel like a complete waster druggy at the moment on lemsip, paracetamol etc...hot drinks are the way forward and vitamin C.