Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Applyign for an MA

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I realise this sounds like a daft question - but how does one go about applying for an MA? I want to do Theology at King's and you need to apply quickly because it's a very small course. However, I can't find anything on their website telling you how to go about it.

Should I just get in touch with the department and ask? I don't want to look like a moron before day 1 if that's not protocol, though!

Cheers!
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    The British council has an article explaining what you need to do -
    Here it is. There isn't anything like UCAS in place so it's just a case of contacting the individual organisations.

Good luck :)

shock horror where's TheSite's article on this? :shocking:
  • Options
    Theology masters eh? I'm guessing you dont fancy having a job anytime soon.

Kings is a really good uni though.
  • Options
    Oh, who needs a job? Thanks for that, Helen, I'll just write to KCL and get them to feed me the information!
  • Options
    Well quite, I'd do without mine if I could.

Kings is a good choice, they have a building which looks like a squashed version of the Empire State Building.
  • Options
    piccolo wrote: »
    Should I just get in touch with the department and ask?

:yes: thats always a good first step.
    websites like http://www.findamasters.com is also a good starting point with information and ALL masters courses in the UK a bit like UCAS website for undergrads.
  • Options
    Heya, I am currently doing an MA at Kings which is within the Theology and Religious Studies department. You actually apply online directly to the university, and then you have to send your references off by post.

http://student.kcl.apply.studylink.com/index.cfm?event=security.showLogin is the link for the online application form.

If you look at the KCL website page of the course you want to do, on the top right it should have a link for "how to apply".

Oh and Moira Langston who is the department secretary is lovely, so don't be afraid to email her to ask anything!

Good luck and let me know if you have any more questions!