Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Back Ache

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone got any good cures/anything! to help with back pain? im in agony here. Its been sore on and off for a while but in the last month its gotten worse. I'm off to the docs on Tuesday. But for now can i do anything? I've been taking ibruprofen for a week or so. But it doesnt even do anything for the pain now, so I've been taking these tablets I got from America (tylenol) they're pretty strong I think so they're kinda working.

My mum said put a cushion behind it. Umm so I've done that but owww...anything else?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Normal tylenol is just branded paracetamol, so be careful about taking too many - it obv has the same risks if you overdose :)

Heat works best for me. A hot bath, or a hot water bottle or suchlike! And keep moving, but don't strain yourself. Keep doing your normal activities, but take them a bit easy, if that makes sense!
    Go out for a walk every day. It might feel like it's getting worse at first but it should improve.

Do you sit a lot throughout your day/week or have any idea what's causing it?
    I suffer with chronic back pain, and absolutely swear by these.
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    take some co-codamol which you can buy from a shelf in the supermarket.

Get a wheat bag thing that you can pop in the microwave...although I imagine nowhere will be open at this time for one.

Get some muscle rub

Have a hot bath, with some Radox kind of product.

Drink plenty and lie down rather than sit up.

All wise words from Dr Bunnie!
    I suffer with chronic back pain, and absolutely swear by these.

They look pretty good, I'm gonna pop down to boots for those tomorrow.

Ta for the rest of the advice. I'm not exactly sure whats causing it but i found out i have scoliosis about 6 years ago, but the curve was really minor so I didn't have to do anything about it apart from have x rays every 6 months and go to physio. I stopped having x-rays when I was 20 (im 23 now) and iv never had any pain since I went to physio. I hope its not got worse or anything, booo.

Thanks Kaff i didnt know tylenol was paracetamol, they're extra strength fast acting ones but i've been following the dosage and not taking too many.