Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Anyone ever worked promoting Student nights?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I was about around 10pm in London today (Monday) and every place was empty - except one - it was packed there was huge queues of people waiting to get into a club - came back past it at 11pm and there queue was just as long .. when I asked what it was they said student night ..

Now I'm thinking this could be a good way to earn a living - make your money during term time - travel the world when the students go home during the holidays ..

So anyone ever worked specifically to entertain students? or if you attended such events what attracted you to go to them?

Comments

• Options
    I hate those people that promote those nights. EVERY DAY since uni has started I have students with leaflets and all sorts trying to get you to come to the student nights. You can't get away from them, it's like being in Turkey again.
  • Options
    Well I defo want to do something different to what others are doing ... from what I could tell of the thing I saw in London it wasn't anything special.

I'm not keen on leafleting myself - never had to do it before - alway just advertised on the net and let people come find me. But may have to look into things like that.

But have several ideas that are student related and the main factor in all of them is that when you serve uni students you're only doing seasonal work .. which is what I'd like to eventually do - so you could potentially work for 6 months a year and travel for 6.

Personally that would suit me a lot better then working for the next 35 years with 4 weeks off a year and then retiring and only getting to see the world when I'm old and Grey.