Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

"Sex is over-rated"... no it's not!

2»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i think everyones being way harsh tbh.
    Its fairly normal to someone experiencing fabulous sex and loved up for the first time to go on about it a bit.
    I remember both me and my bf feeling like this and overwhelmed by it at first :o
    but now obviously we just take it for granted :razz:
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    OK, enough of the insults. If you've got an opinion on how you rate sex in a relationship then great - let's get this back on topic.

ETA: Suzy beat me to it.
    i think everyones being way harsh tbh.
    Its fairly normal to someone experiencing fabulous sex and loved up for the first time to go on about it a bit.
    I remember both me and my bf feeling like this and overwhelmed by it at first :o
    but now obviously we just take it for granted :razz:

You didn't make a thread about it though :p
    Ricardo R wrote: »
    Sex is the best feeling in the world. It's fun, satisfying, healthy. To people saying there's more to life than sex, what beats it?

Better than when you are bursting for a pee, for instance, and you let go on a nice long satisfying release? C'mon dude, its all relative. Sex is great - but there are other great feelings that are just as satisfying. You sound like someone who has just found out that your penis isn't just to pee out of ... :p
    Please - let's not start to justify this by claiming something that isn't there. I'm with Suzy and Helen here - get back on topic and leave the argument behind.
    When you're in you're first "proper" relationship, and you're having loads of sex with someone you're mad about, then there isn't anything better in the world than a good hard shag. There isn't anything else in the world; any time spent out of bed is wasted time.

When we first started dating we stayed in bed for over a day, there didn't seem any point in getting out.

But when you get older, and you get more settled in a relationship, then the sex is no longer the be-all and end-all. It's still important, and it's still amazing, but then so is getting home after a shit day at work and seeing the cat come up for a cuddle, or seeing a pot of tea on the table, or any number of other things.
    A welcoming smile and a sympathetic ear after a shit day, or just having some company is just as important as regular sex IMHO.
    I find a pair of nice fluffy mules, a welcoming hot water bottle, a mug of tea from my favorite thermos flask, and that glint off the wheel of a freshly oiled tartan sholley FAR beats rampant hot sex with the man of my dreams
    :lol: