Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting rid of spiders

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Bit of an odd one...

I have a garden spiders web outside my bedroom window and I really dont want it there. (As I have major spider issues) Is there any humane way I can get rid of it and the web?

Comments

• Options
    just gently break the web with something light (like a pen or a bit of paper)

then the spider should leave as well.
  • Options
    Use the Dyson, it works a treat. :thumb:
  • Options
    I could do that, but the web is right in from of my opening window so it might be a bit harder to get rid of it.

Plus its rather big spider. And I dont want to get near it.
  • Options
    Fire, lots of fire. MUHAHAHA

Seriously, a small flame will make the web disintergrate and the spider will bugger off.
  • Options
    Whowhere wrote: »
    Seriously, a small flame will make the web disintergrate and the spider will bugger off.

I will bear that in mind. I did use an old pencil to disintergate the web today but I think the spider might just do a new one. In which case its going to get an introduction to my lighter!
  • Options
    Whenever I want to remove a spider I get a little pot (you know like the things you get from microwavable puddings etc) and some paper. Put the cup over the spider, slide it onto the paper and go through it away outside or something. Then destroy the web just to make sure :P
  • Options
    A flame and an aerosol can works a treat. If not evacuate immediately and just let old spid take over.
  • Options
    5 words: "AXE deodorant and a lighter"

Domestic Flamethrower. Amen.
  • Options
    5 words

Anccident and Emergency burns unit
  • Options
    RubberSkin wrote: »
    5 words

Anccident and Emergency burns unit

:lol:
  • Options
    I'll stick to the flamethrower if it's that and a broom.
    Spiders. Are. Ugly.
  • Options
    ARE U CRAZY!!!??? what if it crawls onto your hand??!! i honestly think that is how i would die of shock if it happened to me. but i like the fire suggestions :thumb: let the bastards dieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

on a serious note, i know someone who is petrified of spiders. so much that when she sees one in the bath, she fills the bath with water (hot) so it drowns and scolds, and then to make sure it really dies she makes it go down the plug hole. and it THATS not enough, she pours bleach down afterwards. now im all for getting rid of spiders but thats just ridiculous....

With spidey under the cup he can't get out onto your hand :P

I mean im all for burning the little buggers but I can just see the curtains going up and all sorts. Knowing my luck i'd try that miss the spider and burn down the house :shocking:
  • Options
    im not bothered by spiders buut .. why the hell are there so many of them about at the min! must be the bloody fucked up weather
  • Options
    z- wrote: »
    im not bothered by spiders buut .. why the hell are there so many of them about at the min! must be the bloody fucked up weather

Yea, I had problems with them recently, loads of massive ones found in my room.

I wouldn't kill them though, I always put them out.

To the OP, a garden spider wont come inside you room, what it will do is kill a lot of flying bugs that try and get in your room so personally I would just leave it be.
    Spiders are a lot cleaner than other bugs you will get in and around the house.
  • Options
    JamesZero wrote: »
    Yea, I had problems with them recently, loads of massive ones found in my room.

I wouldn't kill them though, I always put them out.

To the OP, a garden spider wont come inside you room, what it will do is kill a lot of flying bugs that try and get in your room so personally I would just leave it be.
    Spiders are a lot cleaner than other bugs you will get in and around the house.
    :yes: