Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

possible election?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i'm getting kind of excited!

if they call an election by next week, it will the day after my 18th, so i will be voting!

but i really want to get out there and show my support for my chosen party (it would be Lim dems, even though this being east london, and thus respect are far more popular), what would be the best way of doing this?

and am i being very stupid in doing this and putting myself in this position? personally i don't think so, but i'm being strongly adviced against it...

Comments

• Options
    I was looking forward to being able to vote in may :(
  • Options
    Support who you like, dont worry about others.

If you supporting the Lib Dems, it might be worth getting used to being disappointed (bit like supporting Newcastle United) :p

There is shit loads of jobs with the Lib Dems, both paid and unpaid. Or contact you local Lib Dem election candidate and arrange to join their campaign.

Good luck :thumb:
  • Options
    i'm getting kind of excited!

if they call an election by next week, it will the day after my 18th, so i will be voting!

but i really want to get out there and show my support for my chosen party (it would be Lim dems, even though this being east london, and thus respect are far more popular), what would be the best way of doing this?

and am i being very stupid in doing this and putting myself in this position? personally i don't think so, but i'm being strongly adviced against it...

Are you a member of your local party? if not I'd suggest you join and if you are chances are they'll be a knocking for your help, whether you want to or not.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Election eh?

Vote! Different people, same shit time! Notsaying you shouldn't vote, by all means do. More voters for mainstream parties, less tossers like the BNP or Respect getting near power!