Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

I made a MAJOR screwup, need advice :'(

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey all,

Firstly, i'd like to just say that i'm not really that new...i'm a certain regular thats been around here for a while, and i'm posting under this account so that certain people i know don't do a search under my screenname and find this post, but chances are, if i talk to you, or if you look at my livejournal, you'll know who i am.

Basically, last week i went out with a guy. I had an AWESOME time. Anyway, i said on my lj that i was going out with him and all, and i filtered it incorrectly. Most of the entry was about a driving lesson i'd had that day, and since i have no problems with people reading about me driving a car, i was rather careless filtering it, even though it contained very sensitive information. Here's the thing, i'm a guy, and i'm bi...although not many people IRL know that, as i don't want everyone knowing about it for many reasons. Anyway, a mate of mine saw the post and basically, i don't know what his reaction is, but basically, i think i've blown my cover.

Anyway, how would you handle such a thing like this? I've been through a fair bit, but never before have i ever been in a situation like this, and i've always hoped i wouldn't!

Thanks in advance guys. :nervous: :crying:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    If you're not sure if this mate has seen the post then I take it he/she hasn't reacted in any particular way?

Maybe they're not bothered by it at all so haven't felt the need to say/do anything.
    Janjan wrote: »
    If you're not sure if this mate has seen the post then I take it he/she hasn't reacted in any particular way?

Maybe they're not bothered by it at all so haven't felt the need to say/do anything.

I have to agree with this. Your friend is probably a bit unsure of how to bring it up with you...how many people have found out that you didn't want to know? Maybe you should just bite the bullet and mention it to him...

Actually thinking about it, your friend might not know that you know that he knows (does that make sense?)...he's maybe keeping quiet to save your blushes.
  • **helen****helen** Deactivated Posts: 9,235 Supreme Poster
    Hey,
    So if I've understood correctly, you suspect your friend might have found out about your bisexuality and you're dreading his reaction. I'm really sorry to hear how worrying this is for you - as you say you have your reasons for why you haven't told him, so it's understandable it would cause you stress.

TheSite has an article - When coming out goes wrong - which will hopefully help you to think about what may happen next, or how to cope if the thing you dread most does happen.

It might also help to confide in the people who do know already (if there are people) to get a good support network around you.

Finally, great to hear you had an awesome time out with this guy - here's to more of that! :D

Let us know how you get on.

Take care ;)
    Janjan wrote: »

He has seen the post - thats how i know, he commented...and i don't really know what he thinks of me now that he's seen it. :o All i know is that the next few days (until i sort all this out) will be quite interesting. :shocking:

Helen, Thanks for the link...i forgot about that article. The thing is...i didn't intend at all for this to happen...it was a complete accident, due to my stupidity. :P :-/

For the record, yes, i did have a great time out last week. :) Anyway, thanks for your help everyone :)