Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Getting Rid Of Estate Agents

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey guys

I stay in London, 4 of us sharing a nice house, but we get inundated with estate agents calling round telling us how we should sell up as the house is worth so much blah blah, but we like where we are staying and would rather get rid of that lot than the house!

Any one got any tips or tactics?

We have thought of putting up this sign but anything else would be great!

Ta!

Comments

• Options
    pretend to be a car dealer and offer to sell their car for them - tell them how much money that can get for it.

In other countries you need to pass exams and get a license to sell houses in this country any fool can sell a house.
  • Options
    putting the sign up might help, I know a lot of places in London have put them up.

Or tell them it's a rented house (putting a sign on the front door to this effect would also stop double glazing salesmen!)
  • Options
    DG wrote: »
    In other countries you need to pass exams and get a license to sell houses in this country any fool can sell a house.

Very true (and I used to work for one)

Just put a sign up saying its rented and that its not possible to discuss it. Or find out who the agents belong to and out a formal written complaint into their company.
  • Options
    Black sack

Bricks

Deep river.

problem solved :thumb: ;)
  • Options
    Very true (and I used to work for one)

Just put a sign up saying its rented and that its not possible to discuss it. Or find out who the agents belong to and out a formal written complaint into their company.

Just the fact you have to do a course and pay fee's and pass an exam keeps out a lot of the kind of people that would less honest in their dealings with the public.

Seeing as a house is probably the most expensive thing you'll ever buy seems crazy its not more regulated .. especially since in this country we have an obsession with buying homes.
  • Options
    Just shoot the fuckers.

let me know when you're doing it, and I'll pop round and help you :thumb: