Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Justification for hanging

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/bradford/7013424.stm

If he's guilty.

I don't agree with capital punishment. But FFS. How can a father, biologically, kill his own son?

I know the fathers on here would no doubt all say they'd rather take their own life than that of their kids.

I'm really livid.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I don't think a father that kills his own son acts rationally, there might be some kind of serious mental disease. Not that diseases justfies such actions.
    I'd just like to point out:
    Chris Hawkins, 47, will appear at Huddersfield Magistrates' Court on Wednesday charged with the murder of Ryan Hawkins.

Best not to hang him before actually having a trial, eh? Tbh, I don't see how your relationship to the person you killed should have any bearing on your sentence though.
    I'd just like to point out:

Best not to hang him before actually having a trial, eh? Tbh, I don't see how your relationship to the person you killed should have any bearing on your sentence though.

You'll notice my post, first three words were 'If he's guilty'.
    Horrendous as the crime might be, I still see no justification for hanging. No crime ever does.
    how awful.
    he deserves a long time in prison if hes guilty.
    I wonder what the hell was he thinking? The artical doesnt say much.
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Horrendous as the crime might be, I still see no justification for hanging. No crime ever does.

I'm exercising my licence to hyperbole on the P&D boards.

if he's guilty, I just can't imagine... a 4 year old. How on earth is it physically possible for someone who should be the most protective over all others of the child, is the one that inflicts the most violence against him. :no: :(
    Some people are really fucked up and twisted bastards, no doubt about that.

Crimes against children, unprovoked crimes against innocent people, cruelty towards animals... some crimes are certainly too repugnant for comprehension.
    ShyBoy wrote: »
    I'm exercising my licence to hyperbole on the P&D boards.

if he's guilty, I just can't imagine... a 4 year old. How on earth is it physically possible for someone who should be the most protective over all others of the child, is the one that inflicts the most violence against him. :no: :(

It seems quite obvious to me. If you're a psycho, the first people you're going to turn on are the people closest to you. If you have anger management issues, the first people you're going to lash out again are the people closest to hand, and the ones that aren't going to fight back.
    I don't see how anyone can kill their own child, let alone a defencless four year old.

Having said that , I wouldn;t advocate hanging either.
    he tried to kill his 14 year old daughter too.

Or is that different?
    Only in the sense that she would be more capable of defending herself.
    There should be no form of capital punishment. being unfree for your entire life is a better punishment.
    endofwar wrote: »
    There should be no form of capital punishment. being unfree for your entire life is a better punishment.

:yes:

I don't believe anyone has the right to take someone's life, so I don't believe it should be a punishment.
    i beleive thats what i said. i said being unfree until you die is better than capital punishment
    endofwar wrote: »
    i beleive thats what i said. i said being unfree until you die is better than capital punishment

Yes I believe that's what you said that's why I believe I agree with you. Are we both believers now?
    yea i suppose.
    I'm guessing you read my post wrong then
    yea then i am sorry for not reading the post first. next time i shall do that.
    :cool:
    lol.
    he tried to kill his 14 year old daughter too.

Or is that different?

No it's not, sorry for not mentioning that. The reason I brought up the 4 year old in particular is because tragically he did lose his life :(.
    That was horrible.