Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Car wing mirror

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I managed to smash the glass in my passenger wing mirror. :grump:

it's electric and heated.

I rang Vauxhall as i drive a corsa and they quoted £40 just for the part.

is there any cheaper way of going around this?? there are wires going into the glass and stuff. :impissed:

Any advice is welcomed, not told the boyfriend yet, going to get slated for being a shit driver now!!

Comments

• JsTJsT Posts: 18,268 Skive's The Limit
    You could probably get it cheaper but you'd lose the heat/electric.

£40 is actually cheaper than I would expect for a heated electric mirror glass!
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd snap there hand off, for my old toyota just for a standard thing, no electric etc.. it cost £75, just for a black plastic one, not even the colour of the car.

you could try getting one from a scrappers and getting a handy mate to fit it?
    £40 sounds a bargin!! I asked for one at the vauxhall garage near me and they said £70, that was electric but not heated and it was black so I would of had to pay to get it sprayed!!

I dont know were abouts in Derbyshire you live, but my mate always goes to Sutton Auto Factors (think theres a Derby Auto Factors aswell) and he says there cheap for wing mirrors.

Also theres an vauxhall scrap yard near Alfreton (if you know it?) its called All Vox, worth a try.
    JsT wrote: »
    You could probably get it cheaper but you'd lose the heat/electric.

£40 is actually cheaper than I would expect for a heated electric mirror glass!

:yes:
    Good price. My Honda one cost £80
    My wing mirror's broken. I bought it like that. The glass is fine, it's just that you have to wind the window down to adjust it, and it comes loose if you slam the door too hard. I was quoted £140 for a new one, and that would've been black, so it would've been even more if I wanted a green one. So I decided to live with it instead.
    You can get cheap shitty plastic replacements that stick over the broken glass (Halfrauds etc) but thats not really great in the long term. £40 is cheap compared to the cost of most things in motoring!
    £40 is a good price, what are you maoning about?! I drive a classic mini (and the wing mirrors certainly aren't heated) and it would cost about £30 to replace one of those. Dear god.
    Sounds cheap to me - I know just the mirror for mine is about £7 - you can of course look in breaker's yards but £40 seems cheap
    I paid more than that for a replacement on my first fiat uni, and old shitty fiat uni, no fancy pants heating, I don't think you could even adjust it from inside the car... £40 seems like a good price, as er. you've probably guessed from all the replies so far, just thought you'd really need that extra bit of testamony from me to make up your mind :D