Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

shisha

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i wasnt sure where to post this so put it here..i smoked some apple shisha at my friend's last night and it was the norm etc..this morning i go to my first lecture and physically could not keep my eyes open..was really odd. i had to keep rubbing my eyes..felt like i was royally mashed but it was just shisha..nothing else in it..does anyone know why i felt like this?

i dont want to be like that at another lecture and that was only my first one :( i didnt realise shisha could make you feel like this the morning after..altho i did smoke a lot and am a light weight when it comes to alcohol..was just a bit worried so thought id post.

Comments

• Options
    ive smoked shisha a couple of times and it never happened to me before are you sure you just didnt have a smelly hangover??
  • Options
    smelly hangover ? not sure i didnt drink any alcohol if you mean that
  • Options
    I started smoking shisha about 7years ago and have never had anything like that, i always feel fine the next morning. The worst I've had is when i smoked shisha for about 8hours straight, was ending up a bit shakey when i first moved but nothing else.

You sure it couldnt have been something else, or maybe something was put into the shisha...its not unheard of to put weed in with the tobacco or vodka in the water bit (but i've never done either so cant tell you what difference they'd make to how you feel the next day)
  • Options
    I'm not sure. I know my friend wouldnt have put anything purposefully in it without telling me. Just one of those things I guess.
  • Options
    Rachael wrote: »
    i wasnt sure where to post this so put it here..i smoked some apple shisha at my friend's last night and it was the norm etc..

Does your friend live in Kingston? Hehe

We have apple shisha.

Never had problems with it myself.
  • Options
    i guess it depends how much shisha you do in one sitting, i've done it over here a few times but never really got a hangover just a nice mellow buzz, but in morocco and HK it knocked my socks off, could have just been the heat and general low tolerance but i think effects vary a lot depending on quality of bong and tobacco.....
  • Options
    Sheesha is just tobacco. It wont fuck you up in anyway that cigarettes wont. Trust me on this one I lived in the middle east for 16 years.
  • Options
    I've smoked shisha, the buzz is meant come from the intense nicotine hit, which if you have ever gone without a normal ciggie for too long you will have noticed when you finally get to smoke a fag that you are slightly stoned.

The fact that the nicotine is so strong in the shisha, enough to buzz you out, should sound off alarm bells about how bad it is for you.

That being said I still partake occasionally.
  • Options
    SkiveSkive Posts: 15,286 Skive's The Limit
    BerberElla wrote: »
    if you have ever gone without a normal ciggie for too long you will have noticed when you finally get to smoke a fag that you are slightly stoned.

That head rush is more to do with the lack of oxygen due to inhaling C0 then the nicotine.
    BerberElla wrote: »
    The fact that the nicotine is so strong in the shisha, enough to buzz you out, should sound off alarm bells about how bad it is for you.

It's not the nicotine you have to worry about it the tar.
    Weekender Offender 
  • Options
    Skive wrote: »
    That head rush is more to do with the lack of oxygen due to inhaling C0 then the nicotine.

It's not the nicotine you have to worry about it the tar.

Way to go making me look stupid in one swift swoop. :D lol
  • Options
    James1984 wrote: »
    Sheesha is just tobacco. It wont fuck you up in anyway that cigarettes wont. Trust me on this one I lived in the middle east for 16 years.

I didn't think the contained tobacco... Or at least not nicotine.
  • Options
    Namaste wrote: »
    Does your friend live in Kingston? Hehe

We have apple shisha.

Never had problems with it myself.
    So does my girlfriend... it's weird stuff, I didn't really like it tbh. But other than a sore throat I've never heard of anyone getting "morning after" effects.