Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

I did not see her 'missing' poster in my local supermarket

Body found in search for girl missing for three weeks

I didn't see any celebrities wearing custom ribbons or pictures of the missing girl being beamed on football grounds' TV screens either.

Oh well. I'm sure I must have just missed them. I know how deeply this country cares about missing youngsters.
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    She's not young enough, nor old enough for anyone to give a shit in terms of the media.

At least she was found though. Her parents can finally put her to rest
  • Options
    Yep, and to be fair, teenagers go missing much more than any other kids, especially a 15 year old who looks 18. She's not photogenic (as far as sympathy goes at least), and her parents probably didn't have media contacts beyond the local paper. What? You thought all this find Maddie McCann shit was genuine concern?
  • Options
    Nor was she stolen from her room...
  • Options
    Why does it have to be turned into a political sniping point?

I saw quite a bit about this girl on the news, and the fact is, although it is sad, she is a teenager who left home after an argument, not a small child gone missing from a hotel room.
  • Options
    Nor was she stolen from her room...
    Do we know for sure the other one was?

But while the circumstances of the dissapearance are certainly more unusual in the McCann case, the bottom line is that the response and effort to find the missing person should be the same, regardless of whether she had run from home or was kidnapped by aliens riding on an UFO flown by Elvis.

I guess the country was ripe for another Diana 'moment' and that has now been fulfilled.
  • Options
    poor girl :(
  • Options
    Well, at least the decryers of the media have some more ammo.
  • Options
    Aladdin wrote: »
    Do we know for sure the other one was?

That's what it was reported as
    But while the circumstances of the dissapearance are certainly more unusual in the McCann case, the bottom line is that the response and effort to find the missing person should be the same, regardless of whether she had run from home or was kidnapped by aliens riding on an UFO flown by Elvis.

In theory yes, in reality I'm in general more worried about toddles who are kidnapped than teens who run away. In this case it sounds like it's going to be a tragic ending, in 99% of cases the teen turns up very shortly after.
    I guess the country was ripe for another Diana 'moment' and that has now been fulfilled

Well it is summer, and it's normally short for news
  • Options
    The problem is by the time they find anyone who goes missing, they are most likely dead. and celebrities only give a damn about themselves, the newscrews don't care. they only put on tv stuff like, "this famous person was dead last night" and other stuff, they don't care about missing children. there are not enough cops to be on every crime either, thats the problem. there never will be enough cops to handle any problem.
  • Options
    Teh_GerbilTeh_Gerbil Posts: 13,332 Born on Earth, Raised by The Mix
    Sigh.

This Madeline thing is really starting to get to me. Since her disapeerance, hundereds or thousands, probably more yougsters have gone missing or died.

But I guess they don't have affluent parents who are manipulative enough of the Media eh?