Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Dissitation

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I have just got my results from my final year at uni and have found out i am 2% off a 2:1. i have had a few health problems this year so i had to get an extension. Has anyone had this prob? is there anything i can do to appeal? i am so annoyed that i have been so close! and i need a 2:1 for my future ambitions
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Poor luck I'm afraid, a 2:2 isn't the end of the world though and there will still be many avenues of employment and career development available to you. I'm sure TheSite.org has a factsheet on not getting a 2:1 somewhere...
  • Options
    You can probably resit, but you'd have to pay. I've never done it myself though, so I'm not sure what they rules are. Your health concerns were taken into account with the extension you were given, so I doubt that will be a factor. Is it 2% on a single essay, or overall? Because 2% overall is actually quite a big margin to make up.

Oh, and it's dissertation, just to be an arse.
  • Options
    if you're close to boarder line I'm afraid they'll have already taken a closer look at your work to see if they could push you up a grade.

As above 2% overall is quite a lot really.

Sorry probably not the answer you wanted.
  • Options
    if you've been granted extensions then it's highly unlikely that you will also be successful in another form of appeal. they wouldn't give you an extension and then say oh she was ill we'll give her a few more marks.