Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Broadband for students in a privately rented house

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hello,

My friend and I have recently moved into a house for our final year at university. We have almost everything sorted except the internet. I have a Mac and my friend a PC. We've done some research into the best ISPs for our ten month contract at the house but nothing particularly stands out.

Neither of us are particularly bothered about the speed (so long as it isn't mega-slow!), most of the internet contracts are twelve months which means we'd be losing money as our tenancy at the house is only ten.

In my room I found an old connector for Telewest Broadband but their prices don't appear to be great..

If anyone could offer any advice I would really appreciate it!! Thanks in advance :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Zen Broadband has no 12 month contract. They are good too, we used to have them at uni.

Check out this for more though.

:thumb:
  • BunnieBunnie Posts: 6,099 Master Poster
    We used telewest, and got tv phone and internet for £40 a month on a special student offer so of course it was a shorter contract.

Give them a call and see if they have any offers on.
    That page is very helpful Calvin. Im going to be looking at setting up an internet connection when i move to my new house next week. I imagine its probably best to search of providers while i still have access to the internet here ;)
    NTL/Telewest do 9/10 month contracts for students.