Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨

Repeat Prescriptions

Do I need to visit my GP every time I need a repeat prescription or is there anyway of getting what I need without having to visit them every time?:confused:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Do you have the drugs on repeat?

If you do then tick the box on the other side of the prescription leaflet thing to request them and hand it in to your doctors surgery, et voila.
    Depends on the medication TBH
    It's wheat free food.
    usually if it's a repeat prescription it comes with an attached slip that you tear off and hand in to the receptionist at the doctor's when you need more, without having to have an appointment. if you didn't have one then you will have to go back for another appointment, but you could ask if you can have it on repeat in future and see what they say.
    Depending on your local pharmacies you may also be able to put the repeat slip in there rather than having to go into the surgery if that's more convenient.

This is all IF it's on a repeat prescription, rather than just a prescription that you get again and again. To make that clearer, I get my hayfever stuff on repeat prescription, hand in the slip or fill in the form at reception, and voila 48 hours later a new prescription. That's a repeat prescription. I get the same prescription for contraceptive pill every 3 months, but I have to see someone to get that.

Best bet is to ask the receptionist, they can usually tell you how to get repeat prescriptions at your practise, and can often tell you whether you have it set up as a repeat prescription.
    my doctors have a special number to call where u order your prescription and they have it ready for you to collect within the next 2 days.
    Simmyluvsu wrote: »
    my doctors have a special number to call where u order your prescription and they have it ready for you to collect within the next 2 days.
    I suspect you must be at the same doctors as me seeing as you live in Preston! (I'm still registered in preston despite my current stated location ^)

call your doctors surgery they'll soon tell you if you can get it without making an appointment.
    Sofie wrote: »
    It's wheat free food.

I'd expect that on repeat TBH. You don't need a regular check up with the GP for something like that...
    I'd expect that on repeat TBH. You don't need a regular check up with the GP for something like that...

True. Spoke to my dad earlier and he said it was possible to order my prescriptions online.