Home Home, Law & Money
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fly tipping

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My boyfriend received a fine from our council for fly tipping as they went through the rubbish and found correspondence to him.

He's not lying about it - the two blocks of flats seem to be putting their rubbish in one area at the front of the flats because it gets collected from there almost every day.

However, after almost two months at this flat, there hasn't been one rubbish collection from the proper rubbish area at the rear of the flats.

Does anyone have any advice about what to do in this situation?

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Report it to the police, as i found out council workers dont have the right to rake thru your property.

Same thing happened to us, our bin bags where on the path for rubbish truck to collect, however some guy from the council went through them looking for a name and address in order to fine us for littering.

So i went to the police, who advised that its an offence to go thru people rubbish, once I informed the council and informed them we would seek to press charges, the fine was written off and we heard nothing more about it.

Also pester your MP to write a letter on your behalf, that worked a treat also.

:thumb: