Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Not Heard From Psychiatrist - What To Do?

I saw my doctor nearly 4 weeks ago (it'll be 4 weeks this Monday) and he refered me toa psychiatrist. He told me that if I've not heard anything within 4 weeks to come back adn see him. However, I don't want to try adn make an appointment with him to just say 'I haven't heard anything yet' when someone else could be seeing him.

What's the best thing to do? or should I just ring up the doctors adn talk to the receptionist?
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    They may offer telephone appointments, my doc' practice does, I would ask for one of these if you have nothing else to discuss.
  • Options
    He did say go back and see him, so if it was me I would.
  • Options
    katralla wrote: »
    They may offer telephone appointments, my doc' practice does, I would ask for one of these if you have nothing else to discuss.

I have no idea if such a thing exists. Will phone them up and see what they say though.
  • Options
    When something needs following up with my GP, I phone his secretary and she usually passes on my messages, she's good like that. You could try that?
  • Options
    Didn't think of that, thank you. I don't even know why I've just asked this question - I've had similar stuff like this happen to me before.
  • Options
    He probably wants you to go back in order that he can assess your mental state etc if the other appointment is taking its time.
  • Options
    never thought of that. Am thinking of doing that as I am starting to get worse. (sleeping is getting though - even if it does mean having to go bed at 1am)
  • Options
    i had to wait about 5/6 months to see a shrink