Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Herbal Teas

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Why do they always smell so incredible in the cup but taste like watered down fruit pastilles...meaning I have to add honey (as sugar just doesnt cut it) and get that inevitable bit on the side of the jar that I forget about until I want another cup but the bloody jar lid is so stiff with the honey that's crystalised around the top that I have to use all my might to open it and get completely sticky hands while doing so*sigh*

[/rant]

Comments

• Options
    that's why I don't drunk fruit tea, it's such a let down.

Love my herbals though.
  • Options
    I hate the fruity type teas but I love green tea, ginger tea and peppermint tea. I have a yummy one calld yogi tea I think and it tasts a bit like chocolate anc cinnamon :yum:
  • Options
    typhoo do some fruit teas thatare a lot more palatable than most. I thought they must have sugar in them as theyre sweeter than the others i tried, but they dont.
  • Options
    Go for Rooibos or however its spelled loose leaf tea Its so flavorful. I've had many different flavors from belgium chocolate to one called Simba :p peach, carmel, oh they've got a chai one I really want to try...

But yeah, full of flavor, don't even need sugar or honey or anything And it has more antioxidents than green tea ;)
  • Options
    Fruit teas are nasty, but herbal ones are gorgeous! My favourites are peppermint, ginger, camomile & vanilla and plain camomile. Very relaxing :)
  • Options
    I drink red bush all the time now instead of regular tea.
  • Options
    only time ive drank it is with a cup full of magical liberty cap juice!

:yuck:
  • Options
    I quite like fruit tea.
  • Options
    Another vote for Rooibos, it's delicious :yes:

In terms of fruit teas, there's a cammomile, vanilla and honey tea that's rather nice. Lemon, ginger and ginseng is good too.
  • Options
    I have a thing for 'Tetley's Calming' at the moment, also peppermint, honey and lemon.
  • Options
    if you want tasty teas get down to whittards!! their teas are like well good, and not watery like i find teabags are...
  • Options
    Herbal teas have always dissapointed me. There never quite what I expect!