Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

birthday restaurants...where to go?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
i´m trying to arrange a family and friends meal out for my birthday, but i´m really unsure what to do about it...

basically it has to be in london, cos three people are coming from london and the rest are either coming from abroad or norwich or home counties...which means i´ve got a lot to choose from...

so here are the conditions...

needs to have disabled persons access as one of the party has to occationally use a wheelchair...

can´t be either spanish or italian because spanish food is never as good as it is in spain and my mum lives there, and can´t be italian cos my mum´s boyfriend is italian and again it´s never as good else where.

it needs to be reasonably cheap (under 25 per head)
and it needs to be central....

i´d really like to have thai, or something unusual but i´´m unsure as to what might be good...

any ideas?

Comments

• Options
    Wagamamma in Soho? Yummy! :) Should be around £15 per head.
  • Options
    Teagan wrote: »
    Wagamamma in Soho? Yummy! :) Should be around £15 per head.

Mmm yeh or a Teppinkyaki restaurant where you get your own chef and he prepares the food on a hot plate in front of you and does lotsa tricks. :D
  • Options
    lipsy wrote: »
    Teppinkyaki restaurant where you get your own chef and he prepares the food on a hot plate in front of you and does lotsa tricks. :D

:yes: :yum::D

I took a friend to one of these a week or two back to cheer her up after a bad day and she absolutely loved it!

This is the one I took her to - half the menu is a bit of out your price range, but the other half is fine! The menu will give you some idea of what to expect:

http://www.benihana.co.uk/

The tables are usually set out in seating for 8, in a U shape with the chef dude in the middle, so that could affect your booking if you have numerous people.
  • Options

i´d really like to have thai,

Is exactly what I was thinking when I read your post.
  • Options
    Silk'n'Spices in Camden is great for Thai food (and cocktails!), it's on the Chalk Farm Road opposite Camden Stables.
  • Options
    My favourite restaurant in London is a Chinese restaurant called the Joy King Lao (spelling?) in Soho.
    They do absolutely AMAZING chinese food including the best Dim Sum (breakfast) I've ever eaten.

I can't remember for sure if it has disabled access, but I think it might do.
  • Options
    pill 'ed wrote: »
    My favourite restaurant in London is a Chinese restaurant called the Joy King Lao (spelling?) in Soho.
    They do absolutely AMAZING chinese food including the best Dim Sum (breakfast) I've ever eaten.

I can't remember for sure if it has disabled access, but I think it might do.

Yep, Joy King Lau is a geat restaurant if you like chinese food, that and Mayflower is good too, but Mayflower doesn't have wheelchair access, and unsure about JKL.
  • Options
    i really don't like chinese...

i really want to go to yum yum's in stoke newington, but they are very expencive and don't have disabled access
  • Options
    my vote will always be for Khan's (indian)...such goooood food and its very reasonable. I can only imagine one down-side...they don't serve alcohol anymore. It's a ground floor restaurant...so should be ok for wheelchair access, but the toilets are in the basement, which i guess may be another problem.

http://www.khansrestaurant.com/mainpage.php - if you go here, you have to try the daal soup, onion bajii's and chicken korma :heart: Oh and its worth making a reservation as they are always full!
  • Options
    I went to the STRADA by Tower Bridge (London Bridge tube) last night, the view was amazing and the food really good.
  • Options
    Another good (and cheap) place is the "Leon" mini-chain (there are about six of them now but some don't stay open in the evening), I ate at the Knightsbridge one tonight and the meal was like about £7 each! We had a mezze with several little dishes (five dishes between two of us).

Or another good budget option in London is the Stringray cafe, there are about three of them (one is at Tufnell Park so maybe not central enough for you?), they have a three course set meal for £7 and its excellent. I'm not sure of their wheelchair access though.
  • Options
    What about Belgo off Seven Dials ?

Belgo is so nice. Steak, Muscles, Lobster, Pommes Frites :yum::yum:

And loads of Belgian and German Lagers. Oh its almost heaven.

Failing that Wagamama in Knightsbridge is good. :thumb: