Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Read the community guidelines before posting ✨
Options

Fancy dress!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The theme is - stars of the screen and superheros

I want something cheap! I am prepared to make it as long as it isn't too complicated. I also want something original so marilyn monroe, pink ladies, wonderwoman etc are too obvious. I'd really like something disney so I've been contemplating making a snow white outfit but its a bit complicated and possibly pricey. Dorothy from oz is another idea. Any amazing brainwaves please share!

Comments

• Options
    Princess Leia
  • Options
    you can knit a wonder woman bikini, theres a pattern in stitch and bitch.

otherwise, try medusa, i often do it for halloween if i´m not doing otherthings...

find a long black dress and then get lots of green material (doesn´t need to be fabric) and attach it to the dress either by sewwing or using saftey pins. then put your hair into lots of mini buns and then use the darkest green eye shadow and nail polish

otherwise, go for a cassanova girl look, by finding lots of gourdy charity shops bits and a bit skirt maybe add tassles or gold buttons, and then pile your hair high (like a beehive)

otherwise go as venus...with very little on...
  • Options
    Cleopatra? Whatsherface from Pulp Fiction? Roller Girl from Boogie Nights?
  • Options
    white bikini and a knife in an ankle holster, instant bond girl!

Sorry not much help I know I hate fancy dress!
  • Options
    sorry i know its old but some people might start searching again for these things soon(as i am now!)

the best fancy dress i know is to wear black leggings with preferably a red+white polka dot skirt, or black or red skirt etc with a white vest top, red bangles and white gloves - minnie mouse, top off with a red bow in hair or minnie mouse ears. My friend did it last year and it looked amazing but obvious. I'd wear my red and white polka dot shoes with this look but obviously not everyone has them :)